How have you rooted out the WT (harmful) doctrines

by Marcos 13 Replies latest jw friends

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    I swear you are following me! Every time I look at and answer one post, there you are with another comment!

Yeah, two posts in a row! Be afraid. Be very afraid. muahahahaaha. (kidding)

But I am lazy.

See now that's the kind of honesty we would each do well to emulate. :)

LOL re theocratic jargon.

Best of luck in your investigating.

SPAZ

• Soledad
    Soledad

I had to research extensively the 1914 doctrine in order to liberate my thinking with regards to the FDS. Once I realized that the date is completely wrong and the calculations fabricated, I was able to completely chuck the whole org and its beliefs and not feel even an ounce of guilt, or have any "what ifs" hanging over me.

• onacruse
    onacruse
    I was able to completely chuck the whole org and its beliefs and not feel even an ounce of guilt, or have any "what ifs" hanging over me.

imho, and in my experience, that's the BIG, BIG, BIG thing. All the knowledge of WTS doctrinal screwups, all the personal disappointments of hypocritical practices, all the ranting and raving about "I was ripped off, woe is me"...didn't amount to a hill of beans unless and until I just

THREW IT OVERBOARD, EACH AND EVERY LAST LITTLE BIT OF IT, AND STARTED MOVING ON

If I discover that I threw away something I should have kept, well...maybe it will still be there, and maybe it won't. That's life...and a risk I'm entitled to take.

Craig

Edited by - onacruse on 18 December 2002 21:2:3

• Gopher
    Gopher

Perhaps the key is what they call "bad associations". Find friends who do "normal" things -- some exJW, some not. You become like those with whom you associate, gradually.

But of course for people who "grew up" as a JW, old JW thinking patterns are strongly rooted. They take a while to overcome. For example, I've been out a little over 2 years, and still find it difficult to sing the Happy Birthday song. But 1 year ago it was darn near impossible. I'm making progress in baby steps. (The knowledge that birthdays or the lack thereof have nothing to do with goodness/morality/whatever has also helped.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit