Questions to ponder - Apostacy

by JoeSomebody 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JoeSomebody
    JoeSomebody

Hi all! A couple questions came to mind as I read some posts. I know many of you are not JW's any longer. My definition is one that abandons the true worship of Jehovah both in action and word, inside and outside the congregation. I agree with the definition and scriptures cited in the Reasoning book and believe them to be Bible based.

1) What is apostasy?

2) What is the biblical advice to those who encounter apostates within the congregation?

Gary

• Funchback
    Funchback

My questions to you are...

1) What is antipasta?

2) What is the Fanny Farmer cookbooks' instructions on how to prepare it in the kitchen?

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember when I was in the borg that even the slightest deviation in behavior was grounds for the most used and abused word in Watchtower language - apostasy. I remember a pioneer sister saying even celebrating a birthday was considered apostasy. She said she read that in a WT publication. That had me scared to death, since I had birthday cake at work the previous week.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by - TresHappy on 18 December 2002 1:10:24

• avishai
    avishai

Welcome, Joe!

But if you do believe that to be true, what are you doing on this board? Do you consider reading apostate writings to be apostacy? Once again, welcome, & I'm not trying to hassle you, i'm sincerely curious!

• recoveringexjw
    recoveringexjw

roses are red. violets are blue.im an apostate and now so are you!!!!!!!! welcome to the board joe

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

See Joe, I told you on your other post, that things could only get better.

Everyone here really enjoys your go get em & tie a ?? mill wheel wasn't it? around the apostates neck.

Thats what we need here. People really respond favourably to that kind of approach.

Hang in there Joe, You will make an impression on us all.

By the way, are you having fun yet? LOL sorry joe.

Outoftheorg

• Iwasyoungonce
  • Skeptically Yours
    Skeptically Yours

JoeSomebody,

Here's my proposal: As soon as you can, tell the body of elders of your congregation about this website and some of the information presented here, then you'll get the answers to the questions you post.

Good luck with the new label affixed as an 'apostate' yourself!

Take care!

• artful
    artful

Hi Joe....one of many definitions of an apostate as defined by the WTS (not the Bible) is:

-a Witness who joins the YMCA to use their fitness facilities!
    (see w79 1/1 p30-31 Questions from Readers

happy reading!
    Artful

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

My question is, if an atheist is someone who doesn't believe in God (as apposed to a theist who does), then is someone who is not an apostate a postate?

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit