UN-field service game

by jws 5 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

After finding an Awake in a hospital waiting room, it got me to thinking of a game for ex-JWs to play - possibly as an apostafest activity.

Get an un-field-service carload together and go around to laundromats, waiting rooms, etc and try to find publications to remove: Watchtowers, Awakes, and even the occasional book.

Maybe even replace them with an anti-JW info to prep the laundry washers next time the JWs come around. Or surprise the JWs about the rampant apostate activity in their area.

Don't forget to take frequent coffee breaks. In this game, it's OK to keep your time going no matter how long you stay.

Might even be funny to send in an anonymous recap to your local congregation explaining what you did, how much time each of you put in and how many books and magazines you disposed of.

What do you do with the magazines afterwards? Maybe see whether or not they will burn and be sure to listen for demons cursing at you as the publications burn. And beware of smurf dolls trying to rescue them from the fire.

Maybe distribute the magazines and play some sort of watchtower bingo game. Pull a phrase like "faithful and discreet slave" out of a hat and people have to find it. When somebody reaches 5 or 10 phrases, they win, next game.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Perhaps a media compaign should be started about the witnesses. Maybe the public really needs to know what kind of hurtful religion this actually is.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Actually - you've given me a really good idea to replace our Halloween "scavenger hunt" next year!

1st prize goes to whoever can get their hands on the most W/A - and special prizes for oldest additions!

Both games sound like fun.....sheesh I wish I had enough people for a real apostofest!

• happyout
    happyout

Ok, the thought of this is just too funny!! I would love to play, but even though I am out, I don't want to get caught doing anything anti. I know, I'm a chicken

• caligirl
    caligirl

Sounds like fun! It would bring back the warm fuzzies I got when I dumped all my bound volumes at the recycling center. I would have burned them if I had the resources, but I also felt an environmental responsibility to recycle in hopes that the recycled paper was used to make something useful!

• JeffT
    JeffT

I love the idea of sending a report to the local hall "Dear Congregation Secretary, during the month of December 2002 I picked up and destroyed 12 Watchtowers and 9 Awakes that were left in public places in your territory." The poor guy would probably write the society to see if he had to subtract them from the congregation totals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit