guess what word`hall' is related 2.

by badboy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

HELL

I cant turn the highlighter off

So says my COLLINS ENGISH DICTIONARY

What an interesting connection

Should halls there4 b avoided by true Christians(tm)

I also understand it the words`hall/hell 2 b related 2 the word`cell'eg.monatery/police cell

In view of the unfortunate connections of the word`hall', should another word b used instead?

What do U think?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Do I think the JW's should avoid using the word HALL?

HALL NO! I mean hell no.

Kingdom Hall, Kingdom Hell, Kingdom Cell, Kingdom Sell -- all the same to me. Poor dubs trapped in their small spiritual infernos for hours at a time, listening to the same mishmash over and over. Hellish!

• ugg
    ugg

good point,,,,thank you!!!!!!!

• Nancy K
    Nancy K

Kingdom Hult??

• Valis
    Valis

badboy...highlight your text then hit the eraser button between the clipboard and the paper clip button on the tool bar....

Kingdom Hut? That's one of those new MLMs isn't it? You get people in under you and before you know it bam! You've got your own congo...then circuit, then district, then zone, then building in Brooklyn!...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I thought it was taken from VALHALLA, the abode of the souls of the dead in Norse mythology.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

In view of the unfortunate connections of the word`hall', should another word b used instead?

If they won't tell me what to call things, I wont tell them what to call their hall, hut, whateveer.

• badboy
    badboy

I forget 2 add Valhalla,the last word `halla' meaning hall,only it was where the souls of warriors(supposedly)went after dying in battle.

In view of the milistaric/pagan connections,should the word`hall' B used.

• butalbee
    butalbee

I've got my own choice words for 'hall' although due to the vulgarity of these words, I will have to keep them to myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit