Ok who of you knows?

by bigfloppydog 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

Excellent list, Scully. However, I think "Donner" (remember the California cannibals?) should actually be "Donder.

Ever the perfectionist and winner of every spelling bee,

SandraC of the unpopular but excellent spelling class

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

You forgot to mention Bruno, the Brown-nosed Reindeer.

He is in harness directly behind Rudolph, and he doesn't always stop so well....

Pope

• Xena
    Xena

Well according to the "Santa Clause II" there is a new reindeer named....

CHET

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen,
    Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen.,
    But do you recall
    The most famous reindeer of all?

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
    Had a very shiny nose,
    And if you ever saw it,
    You could even say it glows.
    All of the other reindeer
    Used to laugh and call him names;
    They never let poor Rudolph
    Join in any reindeer games.
    Then one foggy Christmas Eve,
    Santa came to say:
    Rudolph with your nose so bright,
    Won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"
    Then how the reindeer loved him
    As they shouted out with glee,
    Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,
    You'll go down in history."

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
    Had a very shiny nose,
    And if you ever saw it,
    You could even say it glows.
    All of the other reindeer
    Used to laugh and call him names;
    They never let poor Rudolph
    Join in any reindeer games.
    Then one foggy Christmas Eve,
    Santa came to say:
    Rudolph with your nose so bright,
    Won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"
    Then how the reindeer loved him
    As they shouted out with glee,
    Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,
    You'll go down in history."

Edited by - Lilacs on 16 December 2002 20:11:35

• Princess
    Princess

I have to agree with Mum, it's Donder.

• COMF
  • Mulan
    Mulan

I think it's Donner.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I looked it up, to prove I was right. Guess what? I was wrong!!! From a familiar story too.

"More rapid than eagles his coursers they came, And he whistled and shouted, and called them by name; "Now, Dasher! now, Dancer! now Prancer and Vixen! On, Comet! on, Cupid! on,Donder, and Blitzen!
    To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall! Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

Edited by - mulan on 16 December 2002 20:48:7

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Donner und Blitzen!

Rebecca Allison
    Saturday December 14, 2002
    The Guardian
    Those who cannot stomach another Christmas of turkey overkill may find the solution harnessed to Santa's sleigh.

As Rudolph's biggest night of the year approaches, the shelves of Fortnum and Mason in London are being stocked with reindeer products which might appeal to the more adventurous palate.

Reindeer stew and pt may not have a huge following in Britain yet but the delicacy is already popular winter fayre in other parts of the world.

Both products are made from reindeer meat, which is farmed by native Sami herdsmen in the arctic region of Sweden. Reindeer has one of the lowest fat contents of any red meat and contains only about 2% fat, according to the manufacturers, Edible.

Fortnum and Mason, which holds three royal warrants, began selling reindeer pt at 15 a jar and shredded meat stew for 14 around a month ago.

The store in Piccadilly insisted the launch was not timed to coincide with Christmas when reindeer such as Donner, Blitzen, Prancer and the rest of Santa Claus's team are uppermost in children's minds.

"We don't consider it a very sensitive product and as far as I know there haven't been any complaints yet.

"It came out about a month ago but we're likely to sell it beyond Christmas," a spokeswoman said.

Edible, which has a shop in north London, said it accepted some people would inevitably make the link with Rudolph and company. "I think people should try it and see what they think," a spokesman said.

"It's all about the image you have of reindeer when you grow up, but in other parts of the world it's treated like beef."

Earlier this week, in another apparent display of unseasonal behaviour, children at a Christmas carol service in Maidenhead, Berkshire, were left devastated when the vicar told them that Santa Claus was dead.

The Reverend Lee Rayfield later said that the story, which also explained that reindeer would burst into flames if they had to travel at the speeds necessary to deliver all Santa's presents, was meant as a bit of fun for older children.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Donner und Blitzen!

Rebecca Allison
    Saturday December 14, 2002
    The Guardian
    Those who cannot stomach another Christmas of turkey overkill may find the solution harnessed to Santa's sleigh.

As Rudolph's biggest night of the year approaches, the shelves of Fortnum and Mason in London are being stocked with reindeer products which might appeal to the more adventurous palate.

Reindeer stew and pate may not have a huge following in Britain yet but the delicacy is already popular winter fayre in other parts of the world.

Both products are made from reindeer meat, which is farmed by native Sami herdsmen in the arctic region of Sweden. Reindeer has one of the lowest fat contents of any red meat and contains only about 2% fat, according to the manufacturers, Edible.

Fortnum and Mason, which holds three royal warrants, began selling reindeer pate at 15 pounds a jar and shredded meat stew for 14 around a month ago.

The store in Piccadilly insisted the launch was not timed to coincide with Christmas when reindeer such as Donner, Blitzen, Prancer and the rest of Santa Claus's team are uppermost in children's minds.

"We don't consider it a very sensitive product and as far as I know there haven't been any complaints yet.

"It came out about a month ago but we're likely to sell it beyond Christmas," a spokeswoman said.

Edible, which has a shop in north London, said it accepted some people would inevitably make the link with Rudolph and company. "I think people should try it and see what they think," a spokesman said.

"It's all about the image you have of reindeer when you grow up, but in other parts of the world it's treated like beef."

Earlier this week, in another apparent display of unseasonal behaviour, children at a Christmas carol service in Maidenhead, Berkshire, were left devastated when the vicar told them that Santa Claus was dead.

The Reverend Lee Rayfield later said that the story, which also explained that reindeer would burst into flames if they had to travel at the speeds necessary to deliver all Santa's presents, was meant as a bit of fun for older children.

Edited by - popeoferuke on 16 December 2002 20:48:34

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit