Greetings all & Merry Christmas :)

by Nosferatu 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Hey all! This forum is excellent, so I thought I'd join in. If you'd like to know more about me & know where I fit in here, you can read my story at http://www.freeminds.org/stories/fearmom.htm

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Merry Christmas and a big Texas Howdy right back at ya.

Welcome!

Am I the only one who sees the dichotomy of someone named Noferatu saying 'Merry Christmas'?

• shera
    shera

Nosferatu,nice to meet you welcome.

Thanks for your story,I can relate to your nervousness problems,relating to being a JW. (((((((hugs)))))) .

• riz
    riz

welcome to the forum, Nosferatu Merry x-mas to you, too!

• freedom96
    freedom96

Welcome to the board!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome !! I read your testimony---Sorry to hear a lot of it.But SO happy to hear you have a relationship with God.... Somany of the stories are the same.Beatings, blackmail, etc:etc: Do this or else!!!I guess I was a person like your Mother( not the beatings) but pushing studies on my kids. I was considered a VERY Strong!!! Jehovahs Witness-Nobody every thought I would stop believing( even me too) but here I am FREE!!! Know it is not the truth.Never been happier! so who knows your Mother may one day be free also....Keep it in prayer...Thanks for sharing...Grace( of undeserved kindness-if you want to use the WT term for Grace

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome !

I can relate to so much of what you say . It is so sad to hear the same sort of story repeated again .

Over protective parents, ham-fisted manipulative elders, we know them all

I also have the music. Led Zep, G n R , ACDC , I love em all.... I was already an elder by the 80's when "Counsell" about such band came out. so they could not really touch me . I did not crusade in favour of the bands but I never hid the fact that I enjoyed the music.

When I was ready to resign , I was giving some reasons that did not seem to be accepted,but I told the C/O I liked what he might call "Heavy Metal" - and I was dropped like a hot potatoe

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

welcome to the board, and a very

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU.

• ugg
    ugg

hi and welcome..

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Isn't is such a wonderful privelage that we could all be gathered here on this beautiful day that Jehovah has given us :D

I'm surprised to see so many here from Canada! Anyone from Winnipeg?

Mouthy: There are reasons for my mother joining the JWs that I have come to understand. She had sexually & physically abusive parents. Also, in her first marriage she was with an alcoholic and an abusive man. I can understand why she's taken such an attachment to the religion. However, the JWs don't help deal with the past, they just pave the way for a "better" future. My mother is very weak minded I've discovered. If she were to come to terms with her past like I have, she would be able to live a better life without the JWs. However, I doubt that will ever happen.

Bluesbrother: That's one thing I never agreed with in the religion. I enjoy all types of music, but I favor heavy metal. I remember talks about how we should avoid bands like Poison, Megadeth, etc. I take it none of them ever listened to the band Poison. I find nothing remotely offensive about them!

I must say, I'm looking foreward to telling some funny stories about things that I've experienced while I was studying. I also have to put a user pic up. I'll choose something very appropriate ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit