Elder Resigns Because Of 9---11

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi Minimus:

She's even expressed that perhaps if her husband could find a "worldly" woman, he might commit adultery and then she could be free of him!

This is so sad! This is exactly why I could not continue going out in service when I was questioning things a year back. To go out and preach to unsuspecting people to change their religion and bring turmoil to their families was something my conscience would not let me do. I have heard countless stories just like this one. So sad!

James 2300:

Thanks for the inside info. It does sound like what happened to the elder I know who worked in the city that day.

Mrs. Shakita

• minimus
    minimus

The worst thing about this woman is that she constantly talks about other men in front of her husband and all the rest of us. My wife gave her a piece of her mind and told her that she felt bad for the husband, feeling embarrassed for him. ( She wouldn't even sit next to him during dinner. She moved her seat when he sat next to her). But, she's a typical Witness when in came to talking about the church's role with Catholic priests. When I mentioned to the Catholic husband of one of the wives about how pedophiles can infect any religion, including Jehovah's Witnesses, she gave me a look to cut it out.....like I said, she's a typical Witness.

• Room 215
    Room 215

James2300:

Thanks for you first-hand insider's account of Bethel's reaction to the events of 9-11. Based on my experiences there, it certainly rings true. Although so many would find it curious in view of the often strident rhetoric in the publications, most Bethelites tend to be much less willing to buy fully into the ``company line'' than the dubs on the outside, who are generally regarded with a measure of bemusement and condescension as hopelessly naive. Ironically those who they consider to be the most naive are the Circuit and District Overseers and their wives.

Having observed first-hand that pragmatism often overrides high-sounding spirtual language in the corporate decision making process, these rank-and-file staffers ``know the score.' in a way that outsiders seldom comprehend. That's why I think that among the disafeffected who post here and elsewhere and who leave or actually militate against the WTBTS, the ranks of ex-Bethelites are disproportionaely high. As I said, they "know the score."

• Peter Ellis
    Peter Ellis

Nice account boys

I have heard of at least 2 other elders resign over 9.11

Peter

• blondie
    blondie
    The worst thing about this woman is that she constantly talks about other men in front of her husband and all the rest of us.

Minimus, evidently, this woman doesn't think this applies to her.

Matthew 5:27-28 ***

27 "Y

OU heard that it was said, You must not commit adultery. 28 But I say to YOU that everyone that keeps on looking at a woman so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

*** w94 7/15 14-15 Make Your Marriage a Lasting Union ***

Moreover, Christians need to be cautious in dealing with members of the opposite sex. It would be contrary to Scriptural principles to be married to one person but to look with passion on another. (Job 31:1; Matthew 5:28)
  • Roddy
    Roddy

James2300 >> ...One brash young Bethelite guffawed at these words. The interesting thing is that no one else laughed with him. <<

I enjoyed your Bethel exprience a great deal, James2300. What I especially liked was your final words. Glad to see that at the very center of ground zero WTS propaganda that for every 1 self-righteous Bethelites there are still 99 Bethelites that are human beings.

There is hope yet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit