God is nature

by joelbear 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

Romans 1:25 "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen."

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

Were part of nature, not seperate from it. So if we see God as nature, then we see ourselves as part of God, equal to God and more in control of the image of God.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I tend to agree w you, joel and whyhideit. I would add that 'god' may be the ground of being, a sort of grid that underlies/supports/pushes everything. If so, then we are more highly developed, in complexity, than 'god' is, while also being a part of it.

SS

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

I believe in the four fundamental forces of physics so far known to us (gravity and electromagnetic/strong nuclear/weak nuclear), and I hope to live long enough to see a grand unified theory which unifies these four forces into one mathematical description. I believe we are simply a product of the laws of physics (after a few billion years of cooking time) - no need for any other consciousnesses (gods or Gods) doing any tinkering with us.

I believe past societies needed to believe in God, in the sense that when your crops failed they needed someone to sacrifice their virgins to. Given a few more thousand years of deafening silence from this "God" fellow(ess) and maybe we'll move on from needing to believe in him.

ig.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit