Reflections (I must be tired or shumpthink)

by Brummie 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• nelly1
    nelly1

i was born in bow in london brummie

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

Sounds like this made a lot of us reflect.

My grandmother died exactly one year ago. She was born in 1913 and began her wait in the early 30s after listening to her mother preaching about this wonderful "new world". Her greatest dream was to live through Armegeddon and enter the new system of things to live forever. She raised 2 daughters to have that same dream & hoped her 2 grandaughters would make it through. The kind of woman she was she could have done anything in life as well as my mother. But she chose to be a witness for Jehovah all her life and wait on him. And his new system of things. Well, she died last year, still waiting too, and her dream died with her.

I can't say that to my family, but i can here. Thank you Brummie.

• onacruse
    onacruse

((Brummie))

So much pain, so much disappointment...in so little time.

I will likely bury my parents...my parents, who thought Armageddon would come before I was 18.

And I will likely be buried by others...others, who may see me live to be 100, and still no Armageddon.

No more cobwebs.

Craig

• Been there
    Been there

Brummie that was so sad.

My Granny became a witness two years before she got me to raise when I was 3. She had raised 8 living children, made a life with nothing, lived with an alcoholic husband who had a 3rd grade education and never worked. I have to say that being introduced to the WTBTS brought some much needed hope into her life. I hated every minute I had to be a witness (left when I was 18), but it brought her some peace and I could never take that away from her. She died 10 years ago, at 90, she died waiting......waiting.....waiting. Granted she didn't wait as long as others, but she had seen the other side and it had nothing to offer her either. That is truely an amazing generation, they lived in the time of awakening............going from horse drawn carriages to landing on the moon. We have seen the information highway, we will not be so easily fooled again. It's a whole new ball game for the boy's in Brooklyn, who have hid their heads (and everyone elses) they have not kept up (or have they?) I think with the coming of the new generation something will change, it has to.

• Brumm
    Brumm

I'm glad we are all out of the waiting for nothing org, sad posts everyone glad you shared, there's no reward for serving the tower huh. A tragedy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit