The Elder just walked out my door...

by ezrabrooks 26 Replies latest jw friends

• ezrabrooks
    ezrabrooks

I was having my usual bible study on thursday, with an elder from our local Kingdom Hall.
    We are about half way through the Knowledge Book.
    When I brought up the U.N. scandal and the silent lambs thing he just walked right out my door.
    I am left wondering if he will come next week or if I am disfellowshipped even before I am baptized?

Edited by - ezrabrooks on 14 December 2002 22:10:6

• animal
    animal

Best thing that coulda happened.

Animal

• Soledad
    Soledad

I doubt he'll return.

• Swan
    Swan

Apparently when confronted with the truth, he didn't have a chance!

Tammy

• avishai
    avishai

Way to go Ezra!! And welcome. Next time you see that guy, ask him why he's such a wussy! Please?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Ezra, hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you see what you in for if you continue on the be a JW. Obviously, they don't like questions, especially ones that catch them with their pants down. You have every right to ask pertinent questions and if that bothers him, hold the door open for him.

Be prepared for him to return with some made up things to justify or insinuate that any who accuse the Watchtower are liars. If you get lucky, though, he won't be back. But, if he thinks he can save the study, he'll be back

Lew W

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

HE KNOWS,HE KNOWS,HE DIDN'T KNOW THAT YOU KNEW! HE MAY OF HAD AN ANXIETY ATTACK ON THE SPOT! HE HAS TO EXPLAIN THIS TO THE BODY! HOLD YOUR GROUND AND ASK THEM TO RESPOND TO YOUR QUESTIONS .SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.Blueblades

• heathen
    heathen

They do seem to be touchy about those subjects . When I went to the congregation book study just to see the goings on at the local hall a couple months ago they saw a couple of new faces such as mine in the seats It was a real small group probly about 10 people but the elder in charge made it a point that he wouldn't be answering any questions about those topics. I mean jeeze what is it ,they can't answer without looking guilty ? Is this the image you want newbies to see ? what a crock

• Prisca
    Prisca

The elder might have thought you were an apostate/opposer who pretends to be interested in "the Truth", but does so in order to question and "subvert" the "faith" of the JWs studying with these supposedly "interested" ones.

Just curious, if you know about their cover-ups and lies, why are you studying with them?

(edited after re-reading ezrabrooks' post)

Edited by - Prisca on 14 December 2002 23:26:37

• heathen
    heathen

Prisca - If you were asking me that then my answer is I'm not studying with them ,I just went to see what all the comotion was about with all the accusations on the board.I assure you I'm not interested in playing those kind of games with people .As you can see some of my experiences are posted in threads as to some of the stupid shit these people do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit