Has the Royal Commission website removed Geoffery Jackson from schedule?

by Indian Larry 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Earlier this morning the Royal Commission website stated:

"The Royal Commission’s public hearing into the Jehovah’s Witnesses will recommence in Sydney on Friday 14 August 2015 at 11:00am.

It is anticipated that the hearing will hear from one witness, Mr Geoffrey Jackson, a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses."

Now that has been changed. The new announcement is:

"The Royal Commission held a public hearing in Sydney from Monday 27 July 2015. This hearing will recommence in Sydney on Friday 14 August 2015 at 11:00am.

The public hearing will inquire into the Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd."

See this website for source:

http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/case-study/636f01a5-50db-4b59-a35e-a24ae07fb0ad/case-study-29,-july-2015,-sydney

Top of page.

Anyone know why they changed this info?
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Interesting...

was he ever on the witness list? If not then he's probably not showing and the hearing will continue without him

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    My money (0.01p) is on his holiness pope Jehovhahahaha Jackson not showing.
  • Mickey mouse
  • Indian Larry
    Indian Larry
    Does anyone have a screen capture from this morning of when he was scheduled to appear at 11:00 on Friday? I would love to have that if anyone had the foresight to capture it before they removed it from the site.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Still says he is anticipated to be heard. If you go to :-www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au and on the home page it gives latest news. Click on JWs and it still says he will be the only witness to appear on Friday 14 August.
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

That's just a different page than the one posted earlier, with less details.

No need to panic!

Geoffrey Jackson would make Jehovah's organisation look very bad if he runs away, and the ARC will accept no excuses..

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Mickey. Thanks for that. I saw the text on the page I linked and thought they had changed it. Just to be safe I have already saved a screenshot of the page showing that he will show. That way if he backs out I will at least have that.

Thanks again.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    DoT - Geoffrey Jackson would make Jehovah's organisation look very bad if he runs away, and the ARC will accept no excuses..

...and imagine how he'll make it look by being questioned. I hope he turns up and we get to see the video. Re-wind - re-wind - re-wind..that'll be me.

I wish someone would edit in some canned laughter to the vids...that would be precious!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

11:00 a.m., huh?

So, in addition to nearly a weeks' advance notice, they're even giving Jackson time to get a good night's sleep.

Pretty classy on their part, I have to say.

x

(Whether or not he actually has a good night's sleep is another matter, of course.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit