DO JEHOVAHS WITNESSES CELEBRATE BIRTHDAYS AND CHRI

by nightwarrior 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

I JUST WANT IT CONFIRMED DO JEHOVAHS WITNESSES CELEBRATE BIRTHDAYS & CHRISTMAS

OR DO WORLDLY PEOPLE NOT CELEBRATE THEM IME CONFUSED

I have seen a presiding overssers whole extended family celebrating birthdays,& receiving birthday presents from each other/holding partys over the christmas period/MIND YOU THEY WERE ALLSO MARRIED IN DECEMBER ) SO THAT THEY WOULDNOT MISS OUT ON THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT ALL LEGAL AND ABOVE BOARD ,.STILL SERVING IN ( AVERY HILL CONGREGATION LONDON SE9

Some of you may know JOE LITTLE HIS SON IN LAW JOE ANGEL BOTH ELDERS IN THE SAME CONGREGATION

DID YOU SEE ONE RULE FOR YOU AND ANOTHER RULE FOR ELDERS FAMILYS ??????

IS A TWO TEER SYSTEM OPERATING IN THE KINGDOM HALLS

The reply you receive from many elders is ( LEAVE IT WITH JEHOVAH,)

For instance imagine if the presiding overseer is knocking of sister ? and she gets pregnant, or elder bloggs children are having sexual relations and going to disco partys & clubing.( how is it resolved )

what have you seen ? heard or witnessed concerning any elders family,that has angerd you (what happens) are YOUR CONCERNS sorted out immediately

or do you get the blame for bringing it to there attention ?????????????????????????

You as a publisher you do or say something out of place are you dealt with straight away or do they arrange a judicial committee, against you or (Leave it with jehovah )

• Soledad
    Soledad

the double standards were very common in the congregation that I grew up in. the elders, pioneers, COs and POs got all the attention and special priviledges, I knew many of them that were "exempt" from the theocratic ministry school and the congregation book study. As for celebrating the holidays, as far as I know if there were children in the congregation who had an unbelieving parent the elders didnt come down too hard on the believing parent and child(ren) for having christmas in their homes. I know that for the average, ordinary JW christmas and birthdays were and are a no-no, but I wouldnt be surprised if the higher ups go on with those traditions without any care in the world.

• nelly1
    nelly1

recently i had a experience with this, an elders daughter in her late 20' mind you, did some malicious gossip about me, and i beleive her father and the rest of her family and extended family ie , mothers cousins and there husbands were all involved in fact i know they were as some called and trapped my son into telling them information about my private life.

NOW THAT MADE ME MAD!!!!!

but the point is i could have gone to the other elders and told on her but i kow this for a fact that they would have all gotten away with it so i didnt want to waste my time, its easier for me to fade because i beleive if I had caused a stink over it,i would have been the one who got the blame, I know what they are like, and you are right one set of standards for them because they r of the elite" elder" class and so are their family, everyone kisses their lilly white asses all the time. it makes me sooo sick. its like a class distinction , yep thats exactly what its like class distinction grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

its true i was a nobody for 13 yrs because im not married and dont have family in the truth, or related to anyone who is an elder on and on.... or a pioneer or connected in some way, so you get ignored.....well ppppppppppppttttttttttttttttttttt.

but just wanted to say i know what u mean

love to all

nelly

• rebel
    rebel

Nelly,

We seem to have had the same experiences - nasty gossips spreading rubbish. And it is true, if you don't have a dad, grandad and great grandad who are elders, POs etc, they don't really want to know you - unless of course you come from a family of pioneers - but then, in that case, you would all be elders after a short while (unless you are a sis, in which case - no hope of promotion I'm afraid - you just get labelled as mouthy)

And if you are wronged by an elder's wife or kid, you haven't a hope in hell's chance of anyone listening to you - they looked at me as if I was something that crawled out from under a stone!

xxR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit