Prince Keeps His "Integrity" To Jehovah!

by SYN 0 Replies latest social humour

• SYN
    SYN

This is beyond a doubt the most disturbing moment of my life to date. More disturbing than that time I woke up covered in dew in a strange man's back yard. For the first time in MONTHS, I've typed "Jehovah" and not JEHOVER in the title of a thread! What's happening to me?

Anyway, enough of my drivel. Considering that I haven't paid JWZONE a visit recently, it felt like a good time today to skulk about the read-only forum which is JWZONE and look for some interesting tidbits. Lo and behold, I was rewarded! Plus, I added some comments. Hehehe. Y'all know what THAT means!

Concert-goers hoping to hear some of Prince's raunchier early material may be in for a letdown, however. Since becoming a Jehovah's Witness recently, he has abstained from singing his more explicit lyrics, focusing instead on recent compositions.

What more can one say? LMAO! "Oh know folks, I can't sing about sex, hell, I wasn't even supposed to be having any when I wrote them songs!"

Fans who enjoy Sunday's show will also be able to take the live experience home with them. On Tuesday Prince will release his first boxed set, a three-disc collection of music from his 2002 live dates.

Some "suggested" titles for the new 3 disc box:

"Prince: Life Before And After The Organization"
    "Prince Live On Stage, Featuring The Dishcloths"
    "My 3 Names: One Per CD, No Pushing Please, Let's Form An Orderly Queue!"
    "Dirty: How Jehover Proved To Me That Extramarital Sex Is Very Wrong Indeed"
    "Disassocation: Two Decades Of Prince When He Was Still A Free Man With A Funny Name"
    "How To Leave And Re-Enter The Organization, Featuring Prince Minus His Lurid Lyrics"
    "'Where's My Marker Pen?' - Two Decades Of Prince"
    "Prince Does Covers Of Kingdom Songs, with a new version of "We're Jehovah's Witnesses""
    "From Now On, Only Polyster Suits Will Do: Songs By Prince"
    "The New And Improved Publisher - 3 CD Set"
    "Convention Blues - Newly Censored 3 CD Set By Prince"
    "Damn, But Them Sisterettes Are Hot! by Prince"
    "Shunning Sucks, Even If You're Famous And Rich, Featuring Prince"
    "Jazz Music Is From Satan, Live In Boston"
    "Kingdom Melodies, Version 2 - More Than 3 Hours Of Drivel, Featuring Prince"
    "Worldly Girls - Prince, Live From Bethel"
    "I Always Wanted To Be A Ministerial Servant, By Prince"

Says Prince: "On Dec. 31, 1999, my publishing contract with Warner/ Chappell expired, this emancipating the name that I was given before birth, Prince, from all long-term, restrictive documents. I will now go back to using my name instead of the symbol I adopted as a means to free myself from undesirable relationships." (news conference, May 2000).

By undesirable relationships, does he mean Judicial Committees?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit