A friend of mine partook

by hippikon 13 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Joelbear, agreed.

I think that sums it up well.

On the one hand, it was a command from Jesus, on the other hand, he only had the twelve with him when he gave it.

So rules, schmools, etiquette, schmetiquette.

Gobbledegook.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Howdy everyone.

Just wanted to let you know and be totally HONEST, cuz I'm not ashamed of who and what I am. (not saying any of you are either) I am a disfellowshipped former elder's wife, was in the "truth" for 25 years and just got fed up with all the bulls--- the org. kept pushing out. Since I've left, I have found by personal experience that most people out "here" are wonderful, spiritual people, just trying to do their best to worship a God of their own understanding. They are not into mind or emotion control like the org. was. It is actually okay to have an opposite opinion and oh my God, feelings! GASP!! I personally don't believe in deliberately creating a disturbance at their special ceremony, but if they come to my house, then there is no problem openly discussing dissenting viewpoints. I have great pity for those who are left behind, I have a sister, three beautiful nephews, and numerous friends that I miss desperately, but I am no longer willing to compromise my personal beliefs to make others happy and comfortable and accepting of me. The God/dess I worship today is a loving, non-punishing entity who lets us experience life at our own level and pace, and I feel nothing but peace and deep joy, which is such a difference for me, because I spent so many years dead inside or so depressed I could barely function. All I can say is for me, the decision to leave was the right one. It wasn't easy, and knowing what I was giving up, if anyone accuses me of being selfish for making this decision, oh well, they certainly don't understand what it's all about. I'm sorry if I've mounted a "soapbox" here, didn't mean to, just expressing myself! : - ) Peace,

Terri

• outnfree
    outnfree

Welcome to the Board, Sunnygall!

Your name seems to emphasize your new feelings. Ain't life grand?

outnfree

PS is your husband a "former" elder? Or is he still in?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hey there! I've had this "handle" for a while now, but yes, I am absolutely full of life's possibilities! Life IS GRAND, and SO PRECIOUS! There are so many things to experience and people to meet and interact with and all without having to "judge" whether they are worthy or safe to speak with! My journey keeps getting better and better and more and more fun every day. With a twist, I can really say today, that "The Truth has made ME Free!" Yes, the EX is still in, happily married to another strong woman. Wonder how deep the elbow marks are in her back? Sorry, that was not worthy of me. He actually is a very nice man, we just never should have been together as married persons. Friends, yes, anything else, NO!! But, you know how the mind set is in the BORG, marry or commit fornication....I also have a sister, mom, 3 nephews "in" that I would love to get out. My mom has always been a "free spirit" (translate has her own mind) and still talks with me and we have tons of fun together. We are closer now than we ever were. Unfortunately, my sis is "walking the straight and narrow" and allowing the Borg to control her mind. Hey, my new philsophy is we are all exactly where we are supposed to be....great for me, and others out but scary thought for those who are still in, wonder what kind of Karma they are working off? : - ) I cannot begin to express how my life has improved! My whole outlook is so different. I wake up with hope and joy in the morning and when things do happen, as they will, I am able to step back and gather my senses, instead of immediately feeling hopeless, helpless and powerless! This is such a major change for me, I can't begin to even express it! Anyways, blah, blah blah, I do go on! : - )

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit