'Parents' magazine cover with JW.org cartoon kids

by undercover 11 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Making the rounds on Facebook among JWs is a photo of a 'Parents' magazine cover that shows the CGI JW.org kids on the cover, and an article headline about how wonderful the teaching tools on JW.org are. (I don't have the time or the desire to hunt the photo and post it - sorry)

I immediately suspected some bored and naive JW doing some photoshopping. My quick 5 minute search revealed no concrete evidence either way. And that's about all the time of my life I wish to invest on the search. I'm sure it's not real, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this photo show up among JWs on your Facebook/Twitter/Instagram lists.

• the girl next door
  • the girl next door
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

OMG, that is repulsive in the extreme!!!! Oh sure, your children MUST visit that cult website for subtle indoctrination and mind-control which JW's profess they will just LOVE!

Ummm......I call BULLSH*T. There is nothing fun about the JW cult website. It is dumbed down nonsense and gooble-dee-gook packaged to look modern and cool, ala "Darla the Explorer".

Kids don't think jwdotorg is "cool" or "fun", and they sure as hell wouldn't think attending 3-4 boring sales meetings dressed in monkey suits and prairie dresses for hours at a time listening to a "thou shalt not" brow-beating to be fun either.

What the hell are these loons smoking???

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    that's an absolutely terrible photoshop job. I could do a better job using MS Paint.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    They should title it..."Parents how to keep your children away from these Nut Jobs"
  • the girl next door
  • SecretSlaveClass
  • jws
    jws
    The first one posted is obviously fake. look at how the writing is perfectly horizontal while the magazine isn't. Not that any good program can't ddo this (I use Paint Shop Pro, the old good one). But it's either from somebody too lazy to deal with the detail or too stupid to know that they should.
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Improperly punctuated captions are a dead giveaway, in contrast to the correct, legitimate ones of the original.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit