The WT and Paranoia

by jgnat 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

LOL....Ty jgnat for making fun of me on a public forum that sooooooo many people world wide READ!!!!

LOL Just kiddin....I can take it bebe

I look forward to reading more of your posts.......

I LOVE HOW EVERYONE MAKES ME THINK HERE!!!!

agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

For you dear jgnat.......

• jgnat
    jgnat

Brumm,

I agree with you that the growth of the WTS, which is lacking the usual cultic dynamic leader, seems more organic than planned .

Heathen, my concern is that the WTS is claiming UNPRECEDENTED persecution, and that they are the MAIN TARGETS. As Quotes so succinctly pointed out, lots of groups are being oppressed.

Quotes,

I am so flattered...

Outlaw

, I couldnt agree more...

Utopian Raindrops,

thanks for keeping your sense of humour. I just couldn't resist...bare arms...
    So who will get violently hurt by them.

I was not suggesting violence, though the wrenching apart of families is traumatic. I am suggesting, though, that anyone that sticks out, that is in any way different, will be viewed with ever more suspicion. There is a lot of hate in the society. There is a lot of resentment toward a world that is way too darn happy for its own good and just refuses to die. People that carry that much hate can't keep the love going all the time too.

When they say ,"Still, in Jehovahs due time, their lies are always exposed, and their "ignorant talk" is effectively muzzled. " They mean Jehovah will do it...not any human.

I do not have as much confidence as you on this point, Utopian_Raindrops. The society is very energetically trying to muzzle opposing voices, starting with its own members. The simple procedure is to Disfellowship them. The dissenting voice is effectively cut off. I am sure there are members of the GB and legal department that would dearly love to muzzle some members of the media. If they could do it legally.

Why do religions think they need punishments and fear to make people behave?

I do not blame any one religion. I think evil men use religion as a tool for their own end. As Shakespeare illustrated, cruelty exists as a possibility in everyman. There are also people in all the religions that are doing amazing good in our society.

NeonMadman,

great to see you posting again. Between studies right now? Great response. I agree about the society loving a little persecution. It dawned on me today that the society may be gearing up in case the DRAFT comes back. That could put a lot of American JWs in a crisis of conscience, and a position to martyr themselves.
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Another one, Quotes:

WT November 1, 2002 Christian Neutrals in the Last Days (Dec 16-22 2002 study)

p. 19 ..First, we remember that we must expect opposition. We should not be shocked or even surprised if we meet up with it. Paul warned Timothy: "All those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesis will also be persecuted." (2 Timothy 3:13; 1Peter 4:12). In a world where Satan's influence reigns, why would we not meet opposition? (Revelation 12:17) As long as we are faithful, there will always be some who are 'puzzled and go on speaking abusively of us.' - 1 Peter 4:4...It may be that Jehovah, for his own good purpose, allows pressure from opposers to continue for a while.

• jgnat
    jgnat

...an another one, Quotes.

WT December 15, 2002, "He Will Draw Close to You.", p. 19

Why do we need divine protection? In addition to feeling the effects of living in these"critical times hard to deal with," true Christians are a special target of Jehovah's chief Adversary, Satan the Devil. (2 Timothy 3:1) That crafty enemy is out "to devour" us. (1 Peter 5:8) Satan persecutes, pressures, and tempts us. He also looks for attitudes of mind and heart that he can exploit. He has an objective in mind: to weaken our faith and consume us spiritually (Revelation 12:12, 17) Since we have such a powerful foe to contend with, is it not reassuring to know that "Jehovah is guarding all those loving him"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit