LOCAL NEEDS

by hamptonite21 13 Replies latest jw friends

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

what was some of your local needs talks about? We had one about a poopy artist in the bathroom, one of the little kids was writing on the walls with his #2.

• Mary
    Mary

Ours were generally about either adultery or "can you spend more time in Service" crapola............boring, boring, boring..........

• hippikon
    hippikon

hamptonite21: How do you know it was one of the little kids?

I remember one special needs part about modesty - The cong was near a beach resort and apparentlty one of the sisters had been seen topless

• freedom96
    freedom96

I used to get excited when they would change the meeting around and do a local needs talk. Always much more interesting, especially when trying to figure out who they were talking about.

• Gopher
    Gopher

lol @ freedom96 -- yes those j-dub's love the rumor mill, don't they?

Hippikon -- I always wondered that if ONE PERSON had a particular need to be addressed (such as the sister who aired out her breasts at the beach) why they wouldn't just talk to the one person. Why talk to the whole congregation and just hope that the person who needed the "counsel" would hear it? (Or would they do BOTH -- meet with the person AND give a talk?? Naaah, that would be too much work for your average elder to manage.)

One time my dad (an elder) gave a local needs talk about kids taking push pins and punching holes (creating designs, actually) in whatever was posted on the announcement board! Surely an offense worthy of destruction at Armageddon!!

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

hmmm..... well right after me and some friends went to a janes addiction concert, there was a local needs talk on "are rock concerts a place for Jehovah's Witnesses?" Then after I got married there was a local needs on "Becoming unevenly yoked with an unbeliever." I felt so dumb. The entire congregation knew that talk was directed right at me.

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

lol @ freedom

• Gopher
    Gopher

liquidsky,

That's my point! Why spend the time of 100 people when they're directing the information at one individual? Why not just cancel that part and send everyone home to get a DECENT night of sleep for once?

• Funchback
    Funchback

I am no expert on child abuse. But, a friend of mine has a son who recently admitted to being abused by an Elder. Anyway, my friend said that a child who smears their feces on walls and such were likely sexually abused. That's what she said she learned in her research on the matter. Has anyone else ever heard of that?

• avishai
    avishai

Yup, funchback, that's one of the many. I work w/ kids. Also "painting" is very common in the severly mrdd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit