2000 Annual Info. Return for WTB&TS of Canada

by expatbrit 24 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Notice the "No"s in the boxes dealing with charties influencing public opinion or legislation or policy?????

Like did they not write a Sept 15, 2002 article (Pages 15-20) in the WT magazine that discussed ... do NOT believe what the media says about us and that apostates use the media against the WTS. Is that not tring to influence public opinion including its own members???????

I also thought the Hospitial Information Service at Georgtown goes around and discusses the pros of the bullsh!t JW blood policy and how good "non-blood therapy is????

Hello Mr. Tax man???????

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Anybody notice the little friggen "No" regarding release of a financial statement in section D.

That should be the Tax man's first friggen hint. A charity that doesn't want to release the books.

hawk

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Hawk.. I could be wrong but "gifts" are often amounts over and above congregation expenses for which resolutions are passed to donate these amounts to the Society.

The ironic thing is that these constant "gifts" to the Society keep a congregation operating relatively month to month so that they never get a huge sum sitting in the bank. While I know this mindset is encouraged, there are some congregations that don't send in their surpluses and have a nice bank account.

Path

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thanks Path ....

... but I am still really interested in who holds the deeds to the properties and are the Kingdom Halls required to contribute sums back to WTS in Canada for rent/mortgage purposes???

... People told me that money is loaned out by WTS headquarters to build the KH. Then, apparently the WTS will hold the deed and the KH must pay an amount to the WTS.

... I just don't see this here in the Tax return. What I see is something different and thus, I wonder what is up??? I wonder if colleting rents or mortgages is taxible ..... hmmm ..... and that is why things are done the way they are.

Boy ... if someone can prove the WTS has been hiding money as gifts when in reality it was rental money that another charity (ie. a kingdom hall) had to dish out .... well that could blow the lid on the whole friggen thing!!!!

hawk

Edited by - hawkaw on 13 December 2002 13:36:44

• Quotes
    Quotes

Good work, Expat! I have added your "innocent" instructions for obtaining this information to http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/finances.htm.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

In all honesty, I'd be surprised if the WT's books were not accurate. I think their whole status as a charity is misleading, but I think they are smart enough to cover their asses. Of course, at this point in time knowing how deceptive they are about everything else I am a fool to even make such comments

Path

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Question ....

Look at E4 - Did charity use any of the following fund raising methods?

The two that strike me are door to door and collection boxes. Now, this is Bethel - so they may be able to get away with the door to door thingy as long as the congregations were doing the door to door work and no one from Bethel. Obvisously the congregations all have collection boxes .... or at least that is what I have been told .... but that does NOT cover this charity.

So are there collection boxes in Bethel? Are the people in Canada who spent time in Bethel going to tell me there are NO collection boxes in Georgetown Bethel?

hawk

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

There are contribution boxes in Bethel at least in the tour area and the kingdom hall within Bethel. Although the contributions donated through the box in the Kingdom Hall are probably sent by means of the congregations that use the hall.

Path

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well .....

I think this should be looked into. The whole god damn thing should be looked into.

hmmm ....... (I feel that UN thingy coming on again .....)

I never knew Milton Henschel ran the show up here. I always thought it was Ken Little. It directly connects the Governing Body to anything the Canadian people do. Bill was saying the same hting to me this morning.

Interesting to see John Didur's name on this. He is listed on the Vicki Boer lawsuit too. Ain't life a bitch at the top ... Johnny ....!!!!

Thus, for any of you abuse survivors out their thinking of a tort action, please sue the a$$ of the Directors listed in this Tax return as well as this corporation and please take on the local charity too!!!!!

hawk

• Kismet
    Kismet

Hawk:

I had much the same thoughts as you regarding mortgages/deeds as well as the contribution boxes and 'donations" received door to door. The Publishers were specifically taught to state that these donations are towards the worldwide work. This means Bethel directed monies, not donations to the local charity (congregation).

When you walk into the main business lobby at bethel there is a contribution box on either side of the door. Also there is a contribution box in the literature pick up area and in the lobby of the residence.

On some days when a couple of busloads of tourists come up from the States there can easily be $1,000 US in the box. Bare minimum a couple hundred per week.

Re: Milty being the President. This was done as a result of the whole Salter situation so many decades ago. They always wanted to maintain some legal control over the Branches, thus the reason Milton is mentioned. It was Franz before, and Knorr before that. I am supposing they never thought that it might make them fiscally responsible or dare I say liable/culpable for what transpires at the Branch.. hmmmmmm

Have a great weekend

Kismet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit