by UnDisfellowshipped 7 Replies latest social current

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped
    Janitor Finds Bodies In Church Parking Lot

http://www.detnow.com/news/0212101201.html

Reported by Mike Bowersock

Web produced by Kelly Reynolds

Tuesday, December 10, 2002

The bodies of two African-American men were found in this car in a Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall parking lot.

Detroit Police now have an unusual murder case to solve. A janitor found two bodies in a car parked in a church parking lot, but what is more puzzling for investigators is how the bodies got there.

Two men have been murdered and brought to a Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall parking lot. Police do not yet know their identities, but know they were both shot, their bodies and the car, abandoned.

It was a disturbing find for a custodian in the parking lot of a Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall at the corner of Puritan and Manor. Tuesday morning, he saw the car and then heard something.

"One of the citizens walked by, heard a cell phone ringing, walked up to the car and discovered two people inside the car fatally shot," said Detroit Police Inspector William Rice.

It appears the two African-American men in their mid 30's had been shot somewhere else and brought to the parking lot. One of the bodies is in the passenger seat, one is in the back seat. The bodies have already started to decompose, and police believe they could have been dead for two days.

A passenger side window has been smashed, but there is no broken glass around the car, which is registered to a Detroit woman. Police are went to the woman's home to find out what she knows.

Stay tuned to later additions of Action News for updates on this story.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cell Phone Leads To Dead Bodies
    Police Search For Answers

http://www.clickondetroit.com/det/news/stories/news-182974020021210-101249.html

Posted: 11:52 a.m. EST December 10, 2002
    Updated: 12:42 p.m. EST December 10, 2002

A ringing cell phone led to the discovery of two dead men on Detroit's west side on Tuesday.

Janitor, Neighbors React To Reported Homicide

The bodies were discovered in a parked car behind a Jehovah's Witness hall on Puritan Street. The janitor of the hall reportedly heard a cell phone ringing, which led to his discovery of the two men.

The victims were shot multiple times -- one was slumped over on the passenger seat and the other was laid across the back seat, according to police.

Police believe the men were shot somewhere else and taken to the discovery location as neighbors did not report hearing any gunshots.

The bodies of the two men were partially decomposed and police say they may have been dead for days.

Police have not identified the victims, but they reported the vehicle was registered to an owner, Local 4 reported.

Police told the station they plan to visit the car owner's home in hopes to find out more information on the double homicide.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 11 December 2002 7:22:40

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    The bodies have already started to decompose, and police believe they could have been dead for two days.

This means no one went out in FS or even to the KH during that time. Perhaps they were dumped on Sunday afternoon? Still strange the MS or elders did not notice a strange car in the parking lot. I feel sorry for the two dead guys.

When I drive by the KH I get sick to my stomach. Just think of being in front of one for days!

• Aztec
    Aztec

It was one of the big stories around here yesterday. If you don't know I live in Detroit so I saw all of the local reports. On the local news they had a short clip from the guy who found them. Not an exact quote but a paraphrase: "With this old system of things nothing is surprising anymore." Obviously a J dub! The funny thing is the news kept calling the kingdom hall a church. I'm sure the local dub's loved that.

~Aztec

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

a kingdom hall on puritan street. how apt.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Wow, I guess these two brothers thought that the Sunday talk was really boring.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Wow, I guess these two brothers thought that the Sunday talk was really boring.

LMAO, although I feel badly that the two are dead.

Hey! We never had a janitor to clean the KH I went to. The publishers cleaned it--and not too happily either.

Robyn

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

CONDOLENCES ,

To the dead brothers ,

wether they are black or white it wouldnot matter ,ime from london England some years ago it could have been me that was shot in the same circumstances and maybe for the same reasons,it could have been any of us,fortunatly it wasnot.

This is just the beginning concerning the way people feel about the elders in most congregations,

would you have the courage to do the same thing,is this just ordinarily people showing displeasure at the way some elders have treated there family & friends, it wouldnot surprise me in the least,as at times i could have taken my revenge in the same way,as i am sure many of you out there could have as well,

• SYN
    SYN

I had a really good insensitive, stupid joke thought up for this thread, but I thought better of it.

This is terrible!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit