Ephiphany #458

by Farkel 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi Farkel,

I read this post, and thought how your feelings are so much like my own right now. Back in June, this forum was like an oasis in the desert. A grand place that I found where I could partake in the "give and take" of reading and posting about the subject of the WTBTS. Lately, however, I have become kind of bored with things. Has the forum changed, or have I changed? I think it is the later.

Those of us who are "out" really do need to get on with our lives and find things to replace the empty parts of us that were was filled with religous dogma, especially the JW beliefs. I think I need to develope a hobby, or get back into reading again. I did that with a passion "before" the forum.

Occassionally, I do pop on here from time to time, but not at all like I was doing for those six months. I find myself reading and not posting. Maybe it's just a phase, but perhaps I've just had a realization that I need to "get a life" and not allow myself to be stuck in certain areas for too long at a time. I think I was rather obsessing about this great freedom to speak openly about something that hurt me so bad, and took up so much of my life, and is still affecting me, due to relatives still "in". In order to remain balanced, I believe I will just be "quieter" for awhile.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I have also reached this point....... I can't think of anything new to ask, or any new scenerios to the mysteries of life.

I guess I am coming to the conclusion that there are mysteries we may never know,,,,,,, so let it be, and eat pizza without pineapples, run naked thru threads, talk about giant vegetables, drink wine, and chat to others who feel the same way.

Life is fluff, good fluff, bad fluff, it is all fluffy fluff fluff. Isnt that just brilliant?

So I do you wear boxers or briefs, thongs or grannie panties? These are the topics that will surely get my attention.

• Xander
    Xander

"All is vanity, and a striving after wind"?

(Or, is it rather, "Eat, drink, and be merry....")

C'mon, there are still JWs out there, and (we know from experience) they are FAR too lazy to look back in the archives.

To free them all from mind control requires CONSTANT flame thread vigilance! *Continuous* slande watchfulness!! And we must NEVER let out selves be placated by threats of bannning being lulled into a false sense of comfort!!

So, uhh...back to business as usual!

Edited by - Xander on 11 December 2002 13:40:39

• JT
    JT

yep i think i'm reaching that point as well, esp since the subjects and threads are starting to get away from WT issues- the abuse issue is about the last major issue of contention and i think that will be around for awhile but since bill's site focuses on that issue this site will become more of a keeping in touch site-

i truly believe we have seen for the most part the end of jw debate on the net, the documentation is simply to great, with dozens of sites just packed with all kinds of proof, evidence and documentions

I was thinking to myself there are so many new persons on line now who are equiped to address any new jw issue and do it damn well

i came on board about 2 yrs ago and been on the board almost 7yrs and in that time the personal growth and views of so many issue and positions that at one time i lived and died for i see as being so foolish now

the most any of us can do is simply be the best person that you can , help as many folks as you can to be able to think for themselves so that they will not have to leave in fear of the UNKNOWN

i often think of the indians in america who would jump on the ground out of fear when the thunder would sound thinking that they had angered the gods, while the guy from europe who knew alittle about air pressure, etc and static knew that the cause was not the gods and so here you have an indian man or woman who was born , grew up and now is 60-70- yrs old is jumping on the ground simply because they lacked information on the subject

and that is what is looking back on wt and religion in general folks as it were jumping on the floor cause they are in fear of angering the gods

i am so thankful that i no longer have to live in fear of the BOOGIE MAN

AS George Carlin has so well put it:

"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!"
    yep that about sums it up
    James
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel

I know what you mean. Sometimes I still feel like I'm free-falling, after being pushed out of a plane, with a parachute that won't work.

I've been jerked up by the currents of air and supported by illusion at times, and although I've skimmed the ground, I've not really hit bottom hard without being bounced back upward. What I fear is hitting the ground and remaining there....

When it comes right down to it, we only have ourselves.

Edited by - Sentinel on 15 December 2002 11:4:38

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

duh like the penny finnally drops brother Farkel! (geez, smart people are sooo dumb sometimes LOL

unclebruce

ps: why push a sheep uphill when there's room on yer motorbike for two?

pss: gee mr mo's real prerdy (and fluffy too)

• Beans
    Beans

Can we swear now?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

DELETED

Edited by - Englishman on 16 December 2002 9:16:50

• Beans
    Beans

I guess naked pics are out too Uncle Bruce..........

• LDH
    LDH

I'm right there witcha' JT and Farkel.

As a matter of fact, the boards just don't hold my attention anymore. Once Fred Hall got kicked to the curb, and Mike Musto/NYT/Xenu/whoever else quit coming around, the board wasn't even good for a laugh.

That's why I'm rarely here anymore.

Also, I find that the less I think about how angry I am that my relationship with my parents is so---how do I phrase it politely???? FUCKED UP by the Watchtower Corporation Religion--then the better off I am.

Lisa

Your Sister in Fluff Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit