Birthday Today!

by livingagain 10 Replies latest jw friends

• livingagain
    livingagain

Posted this in JW News and Events but meant to post it here.

Please read and give your comments. I have been on this new job for the past 10 months and when i went there i was still a loyal JW and told them I did not celebrate holidays and birthdays. Being a WT slave for the past 27 years just recently (4/5 months) took off the physical chains but still have the mental shackles on to a degree. Anyway my boss mentioned my birthday yesterday to me and i said i don't celebrate it but this year i am thinking of doing so. Listen to these words of a wordly woman! She said i don't celebrate mine either as far as parties or anything but i take the time to thank God that he has allowed me to live another year and think how i might use the life he has given me to make improvements for the future and to be of service him and others. Boy I thought that was unique and from a wordly woman at that! So today i am celebrating 53 years of life and FREEDOM! NO LONGER A SLAVE PHYSICALLY AND WORKING ON MENTALLY! Thanks for listening.

• out4good3
    out4good3
    She said i don't celebrate mine either as far as parties or anything but i take the time to thank God that he has allowed me to live another year and think how i might use the life he has given me to make improvements for the future and to be of service him and others

Wow...imagine that....

A worldly woman headed for fire damnation and eternal death by Jw definition actually giving thanks to God for her life and genuinely wanting to do good by other people. How sad that this person and 6 billion like her, because they don't hang on every printed word from the GB, are to be destroyed by that vengeful murderous Jehoover when Armageddon strikes.

(sarcasm off)

• Kep
    Kep

Happy Birthday livingagain,

I hope you have a good day. I am slowly getting into the groove of celebrating birthdays, more so for my children as I never had any as a child. I enjoy each year that I have as it was not long after my 30th that I was df. For me that's the real celebration.

Kep

• Jesika
    Jesika

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

I don't like to celebrate mine either. I have been out for 12 yrs and just don't care to celebrate mine. I go out and drink to celebrate. The main reason is because my birthday is the day after Christmas, and everyone forgets anyway. So, I go out with a friend, or my boyfriend and drink and have a good dinner and some fun. As far as a party-------still NEVER had one. I celebrate it myself with someone close to me. Being born on Dec 26th, I never thought about that being a "bad" day to be born on, but evidently it is since everyone is with family or out of town.

Enjoy your birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I make sure I do, alone or not!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love,

Jesika

• onacruse
    onacruse

livingagain, welcome to the forum, to freedom, and to life!!

Next year will be my 51st (actual) and 3rd (post-borg), and I figure I've just started the best half.

"We quaff the cup of life with eager haste without draining it, instead of which it only overflows the brim-objects press around us, filling the mind with their magnitude and with the throng of desires that wait upon them, so that we have no room for the thoughts of death."
    William Hazlitt (On the Feeling of Immortality in Youth)

I'm feeling pretty darn young!

Craig

• riz
    riz

happy birthday!

i don't see the harm in celebrating as long as you don't have anyone beheaded.

enjoy!

• Sirona
    Sirona

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Don't feel bad or wordly - thats just the JW mindset kicking in. Have fun and celebrate!

Sirona

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I love birthdays. What's wrong in acknowledging we were born? Happy birthday!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

It's a wonderful thing to celebrate one's birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

since I'm reading this on the 11th. a belated happy birthday!

you share the same day with our youngest son. he had a great day. I made a dog shaped cake, had the candles,balloons and conffetti jetisoned at him. today he's having a small party with some friends from school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit