Never let me down again

by Pleasuredome 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

when i decided to stop going meetings, i text sister who was a good friend, and told her that i wasnt continuing with meetings and the reason why, because of child abuse policy etc.

i asked her if she would like to stay in touch. she said that even though she agreed with me, she's 'not one to keep in contact, and i'm not one to judge either'.

it's a little sad and pathetic really isnt it? how much does friendship mean to JWs? because i wasnt brought up in it all, i was a little niave as to their conditioned way of treating people. such a shame really because these people could have been great people to know and be real friends with. shame the WTS comes between all that.

well at least they'll never let me down again

• Jesika
    Jesika

Hey hon,

Well, I was raised in it, and so all my friends were in it too. When I was df'd at 15, I had had a best friend in the same cong since I was about 5 or 6. Well, we would sneak and talk sometimes, or she would smile at me at the meeting.

I later went on to foster care that same yr and would call her and talk to her briefly on the phone.

Then one day, out of the blue, she told me not to call her anymore. I was devistated. I still miss her!!

I hope one day she will get out of the borg and try to find me, but I am not holding my breathe, that was 12 yrs ago.

Jesika

• ugg
    ugg

(((((((((((((((((((( jesika & pleasurdome )))))))))))))))))))

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

It is because their love does not originate within themselves, but is something that is cold, mechanical and directed for them to do from the platform and publications. These people don't know the true meaning of love because they have replaced natural human affection for an artificial belief system.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

When every aspect of your life is controlled, including your thoughts, your sex life, your home life, your choice of friends, friendship doesn't mean squat. Anything you do must be filtered thru the WTS and this leaves no room for developing real friendship.

• sleepy
    sleepy

Life in the so called space age, huh?

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

I watched a very touching true story Sunday afternoon called "My Dog Jack". The story was about the meaning of true friendship and how that sort of friendship can go on forever, eventhough the friends are separated by life's circumstances and death. It took place in the early 40's in Mississippi and was about a young friendless boy and a puppy he received for his birthday. I needed a box of Kleenex by the time the movie was over.

I do not think the hard core JW's would have understood such a concept, how sad.

• sleepy
    sleepy

You got to stop spreading those blasphemous rumors.

Ok I'll stop now.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Darkhorse,

I saw a movie named "My Dog Skip" in 2000 starring Frankie Muniz (as the boy) and Kevin Bacon (as the dad) that sounded an awful lot like the movie you mentioned. If it's the same one, I totally agree that it was a touching story!!

Pleasuredome,

So your friend isn't the kind to judge? But then you never hear from her again? With friends like that, you might as well live in the desert.

I really found out a lot about friendship and loyalty AFTER leaving my life-long association with JW's.

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

Hi Gopher, that was the same movie. Oops, I messed up on the dog's name.

It was an afternoon for touching movies. Just before My Dog Skip, I watched Driving Miss Daisy (another true friendship story which shows despite peoples' differences, friendships can develop and last). I think that will be enough touching stories for me for a while.

Hope A Christmas Story comes on soon, that one has me ROFLOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit