Do you believe in Jehovah-God

by SpannerintheWorks 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Jehovah-God is going to destroy ,annihilate all the wicked. That includes us, people!

6,000,000,000 people

99.9% of the world's population!

Do you want to believe in this god?

This heartless, psychopath?

Not me....

Spanner

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

No not THIS god which you describe, this fact alone is one that made me question him. How could humans show more compassion? To the normal human this sort of thing would be beyond dispicable and we have dealt with people who feel that killing people is a solution (Hitler), why would I want to believe in a god who was, as JW's should put it, the "great Hitler", who's final solution is just to annihilate people.

• JH
    JH

Yes, I believe in God. In a God that lets people suffer, lets wars go on, lets religions destroy each other. I believe in him, but I don't understand why he doesn't use his almighty power to make things OK. Why must thousands of years go by without him saying a word to us. OK, he sent his son to save us. But that was 2000 years ago and nothing changed. On top of that his organization is corrupt.

Edited by - JH on 9 December 2002 16:1:27

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

Not even a little bit.

• Mackin
    Mackin

God is an invention of humans. We created him to fill a need. God does not exist.

Mackin.

• out4good3
    out4good3

SW

What's equally disgusting is that under the thinly veiled guise of "vindicating his name", you have 6,000,000 people taking great delight in the supposedly destruction of the other 99.99% to get their "reward", and that we have to live with the thought that we were once part of such a depraved group.

Any God that would have his people conditioned to think in such a way, I want no part of.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I will probably get blasted for this:

YES, I BELIEVE IN GOD AND HIS SON JESUS CHRIST!!

I do not, however, believe that he is going to destroy all those that the WTS teaches. What God does or does not do is not up to me. I live the best life that I can, and that is all I can do.

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

JOHN 3:16:" For God loved the world so much that he gave his only begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life."

PSALMS 25:12:" Who, now, is the man fearful of Jehovah? He will instruct him in the way [that] he will choose."

PSALMS 25:14:" The intimacy with Jehovah belongs to those fearful of him. Also his covenant, to cause them to know it."

Christian Love,

AwakenedAndFree

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I have been reading the Studies in the Scriptures by CT Russell and he presented a different picture.

1. The remnant of the 144,000 must be gathered in.

2. The infrastructure of the earthly system, governmental, commercial and religious was to be destroyed in 1914 and replaced with God's kingdom government.

3. The vast majority of mankind would still be alive to be given the opportunity to learn about God and Christ. Those dead would be resurrected to join them and humankind would begin making the earth a Paradise. This would take a 1,000 years at the end of which all would have their loyalty to God tested by Satan.

A much nicer picture. Rutherford presented the bloodthirsty view. He must have been totally abusive man. No wonder his family lived as far away as they could get.

Blondie

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce
    YES, I BELIEVE IN GOD AND HIS SON JESUS CHRIST

freedom96, Where do you believe that they are?

"The problem with the Bible is that we have only heard one side of the story."

-Mark Twain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit