Pretty Cheap

by JH 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Last time I set foot in a Kingdom Hall was in december 2001. It was Sunday morning and I sat in the back as usual. A handfull in the congregation greated me when I came in. Since it was the Watchtower study, I needed a Watchtower magazine to follow, but nobody had a copy for me. I asked at least 20 people if they had a spare Watchtower magazine, but not one had an extra copy. I couldn't believe how things changed in the fews years I didn't go. When I was active from 1987 to 1992, there was plenty of copies. They had plenty of copies on the counter in the back incase some studies would show up. I couldn't believe how cheap they got and how much they were trying to save. When I saw how I was greeted, I never went back. They didn't even feel bad that there was no copy of the watchtower left for me. They should stop going door to door, if they don't have enough literature for everyone.

Edited by - JH on 9 December 2002 15:57:40

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Jehovher Witnits Cheap!!!! Surely not!!!!

• metatron
    metatron

Give it time....

I'm waiting to see people baptised because they studied a couple booklets ( and
    books cost too much).

It could happen!

metatron

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

check out the quality of the new books - Reader's Digest waiting room format -

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

I know how you felt JH....my children and I......3 of us on the school...me baptised and 2 publishers....did not get KMs for almost a whole year straight! They'd say they were short and we should make every book study if we wanted them! They used the KM like a punishment...thing is often we were there and they'd run out....very odd......and even if we did miss some...for awhile we were driving about an hour to get there with other circumstances I wont get into and they knew. Instead of holding at least one for the 3 of us to share to encourage us.....they'd say sorry.....to late...were out! It can be embarassing and discuraging and down right disheartning to sit there unprepared all because of your cricumstances and some out and out COLD hearted shepards!

I can understand why you haven't gone back JH ((((((hugs))))) all you need I'm beging to think is a bible... a few friends to study with....and Our Creator and Jesus!

bye bye 4 now

agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

• out4good3
    out4good3
    They used the KM like a punishment

Actually I think they unofficially do use them as a punishment. What better way to point out to the "skool" those that have missed the loving arrangement of the bookstudy by having them have to ask for KM to follow along.

Fortunately I usually get the "benefit" of my wife's monthly faxed copy.

• Kep
    Kep

Yep, I was shocked at the low quality of the books. Obviously their money is more important than their publications. I have been out 7 years and so to see what they get now is a joke !!

Obviuosly their generous God has started tightening his purse strings.

Kep

• nelly1
    nelly1

this is very bad to keep spiritual food from jehovahs sheep, i cant get over that, let me show u utopain raindrops my dear loving freind, by the way utopian was my first friend on the internet 3 yrs ago and shes a very special person so is her kids, anyway love you rain, read what jehovah thinks about the shepherds not feeding his sheep:

ezekiel 34 verse 2

" son of man prophesy against the shepherds of israel. Prophesy and you must say to them to the shepherds this is what the sovereign lord jehovah has said " woe to the shepherds of israel who have become feeders of themselves! Is it not the flock that the shepherds ought to feed? The fat is what you eatand with the wool you clothe your own selves. The plump animal is what you slaughter The flock itself you do not feed. The sickened ones you have not strengthened, and the ailing one you have not healed, and the broken one you have not bandaged, and the dispersed one you have not bought back, and the lost one you have not sought to find but with harshness you have had them in subjection, even with tyranny."

please read the whole chapter of ezekiel 34 and you will see how our god feels about such things and in what way he will judge these ones.

hang in there all of you vindication is on its way

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

I had to break out the tissue after reading your post nelly!!

Ty for pointing out ezekial for me....you been telling me to read it for so long and I haven't!

You been a real gift to me gurlfriend!

Loves ya sugar,

agape and Jah bless,

Utopian_Raindrops

bye bye 4 now

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Funny, I thought I was reading my own experience here. I too attended my last meeting around this time last year. I also didn't have a mag, and had to ask around. I was at a congregation that I had never attended before and I didn't know anybody. The love bombing was in full swing, so procuring a magazine wasn't too difficult. The bro came up after the meeting wanting his mag back (it was his study copy) but I was sick and had sneezed and coughed all over it. I told him this and he let me keep it.

That was the deadest, lamest meeting I had ever attended in all my JW years. It was pathetic. I had to fight from busting out laughing during the meeting, it was so bad.

The public talk was about "education that honors G-d". Oh, this bro was awful. Counseling the younger ones on how much math is "appropriate for a Christian" to take in school. Good lord, is there anything the WT doesn't counsel people about? Is math from Satan or something???!!!

It only got worse during the WT study. The conductor's wife gave about half the answers. I'm giggling remembering all this. It was tragically hilarious. Still took me a few months after that to start looking at the internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit