Getting rid of disfellowshipping?

by BashfulAshG 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BashfulAshG
    BashfulAshG
    If they did that, it would be the end of the JWs because they won't have members. When will be the end of this religion?
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    they can never get rid of disfellowshipping because it's one of their greatest control mechanisms right up there with Armaggedon!!
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

I believe if they got rid of disfellowshipping the numbers would increase.

Most folks that get disfellowship never learn the truth about the truth, so

in their mind it's the truth. If I was never shunned I would be a JW today.

The harsh treament cause many to reexamine their belief.You have a lot of

time on your hand and that is dangerous for the organization.

• poopie
    poopie
    There going to have to get rid of something no more business as usual.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    They can find a new way to count everyone ever baptized, dead or alive, willing or apostate.
  • westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    without disfellowsipping and associated shunning..I think numbers would increase as people would feel more in control and feel less vulnerable to discriminatory behaviour. It would become a religion of choice..not coercion.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

If wasn't for shunning and DF the other half of my family would be JW today, around 30-50

in the KH today. But because they saw first hand, (the shunning) it stopped them

dead in their track. My none JW family thank me every day for my DF...

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    It would be interesting to see what would happen if DF was abolished. I know for myself I would DA myself tomorrow if I knew I wouldn't be shunned. I think that those that walk because they couldn't be DF would soon be replaced by those that return because of less restrictions. I think things would remain the same. I think if they also did away with the unpleasant situation of knocking on doors would also increase the size of the organisation.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

From the mouth of a Elder, "no one like bothering people by knocking on

their doors, we now have our stands".

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

@James Mixon

I agree that being shunned makes you re-examine your religion. It's like getting slapped in the back of the head by your dad - delightfully unnecessary and harsh.

you said: 'JW family thank me every day for my DF"
    So you can be proud of your accomplishment! My kids/wife will can't see what your family sees.

Once I had a bible study who refused to get baptized (causing me to bang my head on the wall many times). He kept telling me he was afraid of getting disfellowshipped. Man, he was smart for a 17 year old boy!!! That was 45 years ago. I wish I could talk to him now and tell him how much i respect him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit