KH parking attendants

by wheelwithinwheel 9 Replies latest jw friends

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

The C.O. pushed this idea on his whole circuit. 2-4 brothers in the parking lot to welcome everyone in. A good idea if it had stayed simple, but he insisted on a drivers ed. lesson every meeting. The group of brothers would surround your car, uttering commands, giving hand signals, to back you in, then 2-thump your trunk if your manoeuvres met their approval (frantic thumping meant you had to begin all over again). This became standard even though the parking lots were always half empty. At our hall the elders flung the C.Os idea on the scrap heap, but I had to go to another hall where they took it even further, wrenching your door open and prying you out of your car.

One day I went there with the parents and got so annoyed I rolled down my window and told the brother I was able to get my car into reverse all by myself because I came from a hall where everyone knew how to drive. My mother was appalled and told me I had a terrible attitude and that I was criticizing a loving provision.

Was every hall told to do this or were we just dealing with another cracked C.O.? (and yah, my mom is still devoted and submissive, and yah I guess Im still rebellious)

• JT
    JT

cracked co is all it was- those guys come up with thier own rule and since they are appointed by god it is as if god has said it

• Funchback
    Funchback

Hi, wheel.

This is a funny topic! I was too young to remember who or why it was instituted, but for several years our KH had parking lot attendants. There was always this one brother who took it very seriously. Plus, he was 6 feet 6 inches tall, all muscles, but as dumb as a rock. He was a mean old somethin'! Anyway, he would bully people as to how and where to park. Fortunately, our congregation ended this "loving provision" from Jehovah many years ago.

Do you recall the name of your CO who instituted the parking rule?

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I only remember attendants at the KH when they were expecting a large crowd. Usually that was just once a year, at the annual Watch the Wine and Bread Go By Festival.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Give young semi-retarded or uneducated boys a power (god told them to park cars) and they act like they are on a holy quest. "You vill obey and park your car here!" <whip cracks> They know that it is simply training for future elder duties.

If those punks double thump'ed MY car's trunk there'd be some serious problems!

• freedom96
    freedom96

I remember this most at the assemblies. I remember them trying it out at the hall, but was pretty useless.

We had a small parking lot, that just was not large enough. So they encouraged those who could walk to park on the street, therefore leaving the parking spaces for those who couldn't.

• Makena1
    Makena1

Parking lot attendants at assemblies and at the KH - don't even get me started. ARGAAHHHH!!

Peace,

Mak

• fulano
    fulano

Never heared of this before....funnnn

• ballistic
    ballistic

wheelwithinwheel, you cracked me up. No... our congregation had a problem with vandalism in the car park so they decided to install heat and passive IR detectors which would signal an alarm inside the hall during meetings, sending an attendent scurrying outside.

What they didn't realise was that car engines tend to get hot, and therefore peoples cars parked outside the hall triggered the alarm for the whole meeting and stopped around the time everyone was ready to leave.

• abbagail
    abbagail

LOL @ the annual Watch the Wine-and-Bread-Go-By Festival. :D :D :D

These humorous "JW Life" threads are too good.

Never had the pleasure of parking attendants at our hall. My loss, I'm sure! ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit