Adjourned...........not over.

by umbertoecho 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Jehovah’s Witnesses hearing adjourned

6 August, 2015
    The hearing into the Jehovah’s Witnesses has adjourned until further notice.

Case Study 29 into the Jehovah’s Witnessescommenced on Monday 27 July 2015, inquiring into Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd.

Further information regarding this public hearing will be announced in due course.

• sir82
    sir82

Curious - no reason given. Such an adjournment was not previously scheduled, was it?

You have to wonder if it is related to attempts to get Jackson corralled into testifying.

• Poztate
    Poztate

All the witnesses have been called to testify already. I know they are trying to get G Jackson on the stand.

If they fail to do that is there a phase of cross examination built on what the witnesses have said to date or will the rest of the hearing be conducted behind the scenes ?

• oppostate
    oppostate

Dr. Applegate has two weeks to re-do her report, and come up with her suggestions on improvements and not just what the JW's are doing right.

Friday the judge is going to rule in chambers about whether to place the Branch Manual as evidence in its entirety or just selected chapters.

Geoffrey Jackson will be asked by WT lawyer to appear before the Royal Commission and the judge requests he make himself available to give testimony for about two hours.

• under the radar
    under the radar

For what it's worth, I emailed the Royal Commission last night and almost immediately got a standard reply that it had been received and would be reviewed.

I wanted them to know that even when JW's comply with mandatory reporting laws, they are instructed to do so anonymously from a public (not personally identifiable) phone. I believe this constitutes obeying the "letter of the law" while thwarting and flouting the "spirit of the law." I included a copy of the infamous 1993 Child Abuse Telememo for reference.

I acknowledged that I do not know for sure if this guideline is still in use here in the US, or was ever used in Australia. From what I've seen so far of the RC, I believe they will at least look into it. Who knows what they will find?

I copied the document I sent the RC from Barbara's book Secrets of Pedophilia in an American Religion. If anyone has a clear original of this document, please forward it to the RC. If you prefer not do to so yourself, PM me to let me know how I can get it from you and I'll forward it myself.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Okay, I suppose it won't hurt to reveal. Firstly there are many people the Commission is still interviewing and this will go on for quite some time.

When I was contacted yesterday (Friday) about my testimony, I asked if they had given up on Geoffrey Jackson, and was told "No, we are working on that one now". Therefore, he is still in Australia and they had been aware of when he arrived etc.

What seemed to ......piss (forgive the language but it fits) them off, was the deception used to minimise his importance as a GB member. I'm sure by now that I have done no harm in saying this. For " this is a dreadful apostate site after all.........". There are over 300 people that work on the team. I was also told that they had received valuable information via emails from all over.

I have no doubt that some of you may well have sent information in. Americans can be "fearless" in many ways. This is not to insult my own country or any other, but we have some here who are quite afraid of being traced........all sorts of anxieties happen when ones religion has let them down and they just don't know what to do....and become afraid they may lose family and friends of long standing. They need their families and have loved their friends.........to lose them is terrifying for some.

This forum helped me. Only one person sort of attacked me in the sense that this person thought, erroneously, that I didn't know what I was talking about. One person out of so many...........is nothing......

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

This was a good move under the radar.

The higher up people are in this religion, the less inclined they are to reveal a damned thing. Information has been hidden and twisted right out of proportion. Justice McClellan is good in that he "..finds information out and is absolutely unashamed to let people know that he has been enlightened. That he is being informed". This is why I really do like him and always have.

Mr Stewart and he, work well together, almost like reading each others minds or subtle nuances. Then there are those behind the scenes who are faceless but very dedicated. I have never had one instance of being ignored, disbelieved, minimized or left feeling alone. I do hope that you people don't think this was a one hit wonder or a toothless tiger. It is not so. It may die down as in...."not in the papers" for a time, but this happens. When you heard him talk about two years time or more. That WT lawyer laughed. I said to the commission person who called me yesterday that the reason he laughed was very likely......" because that man is a Jehovah's Witness, and they expect Armageddon to wipe all of us out before then". She was quite stunned at this angle, this incredibly JW angle of viewing the entire world. She said........" I can hardly believe the things I am learning about this religion. Things we were not made aware of..."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I asked if they had given up on Geoffrey Jackson,

and was told "No, we are working on that one now".....umbertoecho

Considering WBT$ GB "Rock Star" Pope Geoffrey Jackson,is a DEFINITE "Flight Risk"..

........................WBT$ GB "Rock Star" Pope,Geoffrey Jackson..

..................May Already Be A Guest Of The Australian Authorities..

.....Image result for Watchtower Geoffrey Jackson..Image result for flight risk logo..Image result for Businessman in jail.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    umbertoecho, thanks for the info🌟
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Its interesting. Im still not convinced that anything will result from this but getting jackson in to testify would be huge, just to get him on record about the matter in fromt of people who seem to have a good sense about witness speak

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit