Lumped together with Chrisendom

by Diogenesister 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

There have been many gratifying moments during the Royal Commission's investigation into the Watchtower Society's handling of child abuse cases. Pulling apart the inept Dr Appewhites "expert" testimony, incompetant dozy elders hung out to dry, O'Brien and Toole's obfuscations and outright lies to name but few.

Surely though in the long term in order to secure adequate redress, or compensation, for victims the grouping together of the WTBTS with other of Chrisendom's churches, is tantamount to admitting complicity in the sins of all reliigous institutions. In other words the JW's are a church of sinners just like any other.As I understand it each org will contribute an amount comensurate with the no of their members and other calculations such as no of cases of abuse etc.So far the big boys (contributors)will be the Catholic Church and the JW's.The FDS better start thinking on their feet as to how they are gonna explain this one away.

"Get out of her my people if you do not want a share in her sins"

The innocent's cries have been heard 'clear up to heaven ' indeed.

• Zoos
    Zoos
    As I understand it each org will contribute an amount comensurate with the no of their members and other calculations such as no of cases of abuse

I haven't been able to follow the proceeding in any kind of detail.

Is the RC suggesting that institutions found to be mishandling child sex abuse claims should make contributions to a general fund which would then be used to compensate victims? Am I understanding your statement correctly?

"Get out of her my people if you do not want a share in her sins"
    The innocent's cries have been heard 'clear up to heaven ' indeed.

These statements keep ringing in my ears as I observe this event.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Is the RC suggesting that institutions found to be mishandling child sex abuse claims should make contributions to a general fund which would then be used to compensate victims? Am I understanding your statement correctly?

Yes, I believe that is what is being suggested. How good would that be ?!they had what the chair, Peter Maclellen called Closed meetings, or something similar, to discuss redress and the Australia Branch co ordinator seemed open to this idea.

Sorry for late reply, I think we are in different time zones.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Diogenesister - "...the grouping together of the WTBTS with other of Christendom's churches, is tantamount to admitting complicity in the sins of all religious institutions. In other words, the JW's are a church of sinners just like any other."

Which, once again, inevitably leads to the question, "if they're 'just another denomination', why stay?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit