The Incredible Discovery of Noah's Ark

by Beans 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blackguard
    blackguard

Hi, When I was a jaydub I used to call on George Jammal at his North Long Beach home. George claimed he was a Palestinian living in the US; this seemed plausible to me for he spoke Hebrew. George is quite a colorful character. He told me that he had read the bible in several languages and came to the conclusion that it was not true. Based upon phonetic similarity he had determined that the Hebrew name for God came from the Egyptian god Ra. The last time I saw him he said he was amenable to becoming a JW if I could convince him of a couple of things. Looking back, I see George and I had one thing in common---we were both fools.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Funny thatthe sorty didn't surface here till 10 years after .................

• Ed
    Ed

Check out Ron in his Indiana Jones garb.

Ha ha... Ron Wyatt. I remember going to see him a few years ago when he visited Australia. This was about 6 months before he died, and when I was still a JW. I had read his book "Ark Of The Covenant" and passed it on to someone else in the congregation. They in turn showed it to someone else, and so on... pretty soon half the congregation had read it and bought tickets to his show, much to the dismay of the elders.

We met him in the foyer of the theater and spoke to him for a bit just before the show. Funny thing was, he refused to make eye contact with anyone. Just stared downwards at the display desk where he was re-arranging some pamphlets. The show was a bit strange. Ron and his team weren't religious nutters, but the people who had paid for him to fly over and do the show were. They actually passed donation baskets around the audience. And every 30 minutes or so this goofy-looking guy with a guitar (and his five-year-old son named Moses) would come on stage and sing Christian songs, urging the audence to join in ("Come on, Brothers and Sisters, sing along if you know this one...") The small group of JWs I was with just sank into their seats and tried to look as invisible as possible, like "Oh Gawd, what have we done...?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit