Who believed this?.......

by Pleasuredome 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xander
    Xander

As of the last few years, their interpretation still leaned towards this applying to earthly resurrection.

And, yes, this WAS a major factor to get married early. If you died before the big 'A' - no nookie for you! EVAR!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

(my, what a loving god)

In fact, this was often used to explain why the Earth wouldn't be overpopulated - which, logically, would be a problem if everyone ever born in the entire history of the human race was resurrected and lived forever. Essentially, they argued that eventually ALL humans would become 'like angels' and have no desire to procreate (after all, that's the only point of marriage/sex, right?). To 'fill out' the population, those who survived armegeddon would be allowed to continue having kids for a while.

I don't think this interpretation ever made it into an article (I might be wrong on that), but it was DEFINATELY espoused from the platform often enough.

(BTW, in another thread I jokingly pointed something out...this scripture only says there won't be MARRIAGES in the new system, right? Where does that prohibit WILD ORGIES? I don't see anything about no more SEX in the new system, just no more MARRIAGES. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit