If You Could, What Would You Change About Yourself

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• animal
    animal

I am not sure I would want to change a thing.... my entire life was filled with experiences which made me what I am today. Now, others in my life may have different ideas about that, but I am comfy with it.

Animal

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

I feel the way you feel, Animal. But just for kicks... I would like to have magic powers so that I could:
    • Communicate fluently with all living things.
    • Have the powers of different creatures...
      You know, water respiration, super speed, flight.
    • And of course I would have Jesus powers to perform
      miracles and start a grassroots religious movement.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Lyineyes, you and I have something in common. I love horses too. I have never had one of my own but my father had two while I was growing up. I did have a runaway show up at my house one day and not knowing if he was broke in or not. I borrowed one of my neighbors saddles and saddled him up and started riding him. I had so much fun for the three days I had him, pretending he was mine. I was thirteen at the time. We put up flyers around the neighborhood and the owners finally showed up and took him home. His name was shoe box.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I'm with animal on this one.

Guest 77

• JH
    JH

If I could go back in time, I would have asked more questions before getting baptized. I would have pushed back my baptism a couple of years to find out more about the watchtower, and maybe I wouldn't have got baptized.

• GatoCat
    GatoCat

Here ya go, LyinEyes. My freebie web space is at a premium, so this won't stay up more than a day or two.

Run For The Roses

The song is ostensibly about a colt coming of age, yes. But we all know Dan isn't singing to a horse. He's singing to humans. The horse is just symbolic of our lives, our own coming of age. The horse is bred for the race, and now it's time to run. So with us: we go through our parents' upbringing, school, training, experience at social contacts, team sports, neighborhood activities; and one day we're brand new adults, and it's time to run the race for real.

The race is life itself, the living of it, the indulgence, the experiencing, taking part, making something of ourselves and getting satisfaction, carving out our niche; being in it rather than sitting on the sideline watching it go by.

There are any number of reasons folks can find, to excuse themselves from running. Many do. You were an abused child; you were born with a handicap; your parents were killed in an accident; you had a string of abusive husbands/boyrfriends. But reasons, even strong and valid ones, can be overcome.

The thing is, it's our own individual decision when to run. If we sit waiting for somebody else to fix something that's stopping us, we'll wind up at the end of our lives without ever having lived it. What a pity, to be 90 years old and one day say, "Well... I guess the white knight's not coming after all. Damn... wish I'd known that sooner."

Born in the valley
    And raised in the trees
    Of Western Kentucky
    On wobbly knees

With mama beside you
    To help you along,
    You'll soon be a'growin' up strong

Oh, the long lazy mornings
    In pastures of green,
    The sun on your withers,
    The wind in your mane

Could never prepare you
    For what lies ahead;
    The run for the roses so red

And it's run for the roses
    As fast as you can
    Your fate is delivered,
    You moment's at hand
    It's the chance of a lifetime
    In a lifetime of chance
    And it's high time you joined in the dance
    It's high time you joined in the dance

From sire to sire,
    It's born in the blood
    The fire of a mare and
    The strength of a stud
    It's breeding, and it's training,
    And it's something unknown
    That drives you and carries you home

And it's run for the roses
    As fast as you can
    Your fate is delivered
    You moment's at hand
    It's the chance of a lifetime
    In a lifetime of chance
    And it's high time you joined in the dance
    It's high time you joined in the dance

Edited by - GatoCat on 8 December 2002 13:18:33

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Comf, I've been told too that the song..........."I hope you dance" is my song. Problem is, I'm afraid of falling. I never learned THAT dance.

Anyway, I'm off to work. I will not give up. One day, I will learn the dance, and I WILL find that happiness within myself. Just you wait and see. I am a survivor.

See you all later....................Shari

• GatoCat
    GatoCat

I know you are, Shari. I feel that about you, even from halfway across the country. I'm your cheering section, hon.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Nothing.

If I wanna change it I will do it myself, and not by waving some magic wand.

• meadow77
    meadow77

I think it's perfectly natural to ponder things about yourself that you could change. Having said that, I think real freedom comes from learning to love yourself, afterall it is the greatest love of all. And if by chance that special place, that youv'e been dreaming of, leads you to a lonely place, find your strength in love. Oh and one more thing I believe the children are our future. We should teach them well, and let them lead the way. We have to show them all the beauty they possess inside. Give them a sense of pride, to make it easier. We should let the childrens laughter, remind us how we use to be. I mean everybodies searching for a hero, people need someone to look up to. I never found anyone to fulfill my needs, and that's a pretty lonely place to be, but you know what? I learned to depend on me. I decided a long time ago that I would NEVER follow in anyones shadow. Just one more thought. If I fail, If I succeed at least I live as I believe. And you know what they can't take away my dignity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit