Ozzie's Weekend Poll #29

by ozziepost 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

How's your weekend going (or gone!) ?

Mrs Ozzie and I have had a very pleasant Sunday, joined by Prisca, and looking through holiday photos from our R&R. Yes, that "exotic location", Mulan!! I don't think they had the necessary stamina, as the last time I looked they were both dozing at each end of the sofa!

Me? Well, I just "keep on keeping on".

Anyway, now we're all refreshed, and here in NSW the heat of the day has given way to cooling evening breezes, it's time for our weekend poll.

I asked Prisca and Mrs Ozzie for their suggestions for this week's topic, and all were agreed. Why, this is a united brotherhood, ain't it? So, are you ready?

This weekend's poll question is actually two questions. How about that for a bonus, eh? Here they are:

1. How many Xmas carols did you know as a dub?

(i) Lots

(ii) A few

(iii) None. (they're pagan, aren't they?)

2. Did you secretly want to sing them?

(i) Yes

(ii) No

We look forward to reading your responses, so keep them coming in.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Mackin
    Mackin

My answers:

(ii) A Few

and

(i) Yes.

Mackin (of the "just put up my first ever Christmas tree" class)

• Englishman
    Englishman

Well, my favourite carol was one that seemed to fit a very amorous but also very quiet lady that I once knew.

Silent Night.

Englishman.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Not even "Hark! The herald angels sing", Mike?

• alfie
    alfie

I knew a lot of Christmas Carols because I was not raised a witness. Not only did I want to sing them while a witness, I often did sing them, occasionally changing the words. I did this for two reasons:

1: I thought this might make fellow witnesses think I was mocking the songs.

2: I usually couldn't remember all the words without a program anyway.

alfie

• Prisca
    Prisca

An excellent choice of topic Ozzie, if I do say so myself!

My answers:

1. How many Xmas carols did you know as a dub?

(iii) None. As a kid I wasn't allowed to even be in the same room as my classmates when they were learning Xmas carols, and as I got older, I never took much notice of the words anyway.

2. Did you secretly want to sing them?

(i) Yes. Because I love singing

• Englishman
    Englishman

Come and sing in the chatroom then!

Englishman.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

well, i'm there, but where's everybody else?

• siveld
    siveld

I remember being in the supermarket one December, and being busted by an elder for humming to the christmas muzak being played!

I pleaded subliminal non-conscious infiltration, and survived with a private reprimand.

• rebel
    rebel

I knew all the carols because I was brought up as a Catholic.

I was always singing them. I also loved many of the hymns I sang as a child.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit