Singing in the Kingdon Hall - laughing

by Pepper 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

There was a CO that used to make the brothers and sisters compete with each other. The sisters always sounded better. I hated that CO.

• target
    target

I quit singing years ago when I noticed I scared the dog. I didn't want to tramatize my young child with my singing voice. When I was a young child I was in the car with my mother and she had the radio on and all of a sudden she burst out singing and it was so horrid that I almost jumped out of the car.

There were a few at the Hall who had horrible singing voices but that didn't stop them from singing really loud. I saw no reason why I should add to the suffering of the congregation so I kept my mouth shut.

I have my talents. Singing is not one of them.

Millie

• heathen
    heathen

Yeah , I noticed this myself when I was studying and going to meetings .These people are the worst singers on the planet and at the same time try to explain how important singing is in worship.Someone around here already pointed out that the bible says that singing was a form of therapy ,the selection of songs that should be sung was based on an individuals state of mind such as if one was overjoyed they would sing songs that would express their happiness or if they were saddend they would sing songs that would up lift or express their sorrow over transgression. It seems with them however that the wt has taken the responsibility of determining how people in every congregation should feel . Interesting

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

It's kind of funny. When i think of Kingdom melodies. I remember this guy who was a close friend and the Piano player for the Cong. He got disfellowshipped, and of course i went to visit him. I was shocked, when i walked in and saw him smoking while playing the kingdom songs. Singing out of the corner of his mouth with the cigarette in the other. Pretty funny now!!!

• Robdar
    Robdar

I think that JW's can't sing because they have had the soul sucked out of them by the WTS. When you've had all the joy removed from your life, it doesn't leave much to sing about.

I liked the reddish pinkish color of the old songbooks

Mike,

Where have you been lately? I am glad to see you are still around.

I was shocked to see the baby crap brown color of the songbooks when I went to the KH a few weeks ago. But the songs were the same as they were back in the 70's when I was a publisher in good standing. I seem to recall that the songs changed before I did the fade. So, I was surprised to see the old songs back in basically the same order that they used to be.

As bad as the singing was, I still got quite emotional at hearing the old tunes.

Robyn

• Pepper
    Pepper

Oh God me too, I loved singing at school, my parents got mad at me for singing Christmas music but I loved it so dam much, I have always loved to sing, they took one of lifes few pleasures away from me and told me to just read about Meshack Shadrack an Abendego; lol.

Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer
    had a very shiny nose.
    And if you ever saw him,
    you would even say it glows.

All of the other reindeer
    used to laugh and call him names.
    They never let poor Rudolph
    join in any reindeer games.

Then one foggy Christmas Eve
    Santa came to say:
    "Rudolph with your nose so bright,
    won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"

Then all the reindeer loved him
    as they shouted out with glee,
    Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer,
    you'll go down in history!

• Latte
    Latte

Pepper,

My kids have had the 'full hit' of Xmas carols etc. for the past two years, they absolutely love it! What a joy to hear them singing these happy songs!

When I first left the bog. (errr sorry borg.) I was invited to my daughters school on a day that her class did the morning assembly. The hymms were totally harmless infact, very, very uplifting.

So to all you JW parents out there think about your kid's.

MERRY XMAS EVERYONE!

Latte

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Latte!

Thanks a LOT, now I can't get that tune out of my head!

LOL

Hugs, V

• Latte
    Latte

PurpleV,

.....Men make God's of wood and stone...but the true God god they've not know.....

Sorry, I couldn't help it! lol.

Don't you just remember the truly proud feeling you had when it would be sang at the end of an assembly? I think that the audience was so HAPPY that the meeting had ended... lol They sang really well. I really did quite like that song back then...strange.

Ok...here we go...

Kylie Minogue "I just can't get you outa' my head" La, la, la, la, la............la,la,la

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

LOL

OK, you're gonna make me dig out my parody of "Eyes on the Prize." THAT'll fix ya!

hee hee hee

Hugs, V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit