Watchtower sued for Racketeering in California

by under the radar 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I'm just wondering how much more punishment they can take. They are just been attacked from every where.
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    This is it!!! The Great Tribulation has started. All witnesses through the narrow and cramped door!!!!!!!
  • KiddingMe
    KiddingMe
    Interesting...
  • mana11
    mana11
    It would be nice if this one gains traction!
  • cognac
    cognac
    I tend to doubt this will go anywhere since he's representing himself. Hope I wrong though...
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Jw's. Meet RICO, RICO this is the jws
  • Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Racketeering refers to criminal activity that is performed to benefit an organization such as a crime syndicate. Examples of racketeering activity include extortion, money laundering, loan sharking, obstruction of justice and bribery. (source Google)

I don't know what this case is about but let's review the definition of Racketeering...

• Extortion: Telling Kingdom Hall owners to fork over their property titles or face being removed as an elder or even being disfellowshipped.
    • Money Laundering: Forcing congregations to remodel Kingdom Halls even if this isn't necessary or moving money from one Watchtower shell company to another and then funneling it to off shore hedge funds and other long-term speculative investments.
    • Loan sharking: Forcing congregations to take out loans from the Watchtower to build new Kingdom Halls or remodel existing ones (whether this is even necessary or not).
    • Obstruction of justice: Providing false testimony in court hearings (like they're doing right now in Australia).
    • Bribery: How do you think the Watchtower is able to influence city officials in small town America whenever they need a permit to build a Kingdom Hall?

I'd say they're more than guilty of racketeering. In fact, they make the Gambino crime family look like boy scouts.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Yawn.... Nothing to see here. Pipe dream fairy dust and apostate wet dreams. This guy is taking his shot. Some people will get all frothy and dreamy eyed. It will end in dismisal.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy
    Sadly Morph, I think you are right. I say sadly, because of course the W.T in reality is guilty of Racketeering, it's just that proving it in an American Court will be impossible, and elsewhere in the World extremely difficult, and unlikely to succeed.
  • Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit