Danny, et al, I never claimed to have the answers

by Derrick 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Derrick
    Derrick

You, Farkel and others continue to mete out unfair assessments of the position I have taken because it apparently is out of sync with your worldview. Also, that remark implying that Simon tolerates my posts as if my expressed beliefs are a nuisance on this forum are putting words in his mouth. You seem to think that it's inappropriate to express views on Jehovahs-Witness.com that don't support the specific partylines of two major camps: partyline Jehovah's Witnesses as represented by the Watchtower Society or Farkelline ex-Jehovah's Witnesses with strong Steinhaugist underpinnings.

Fact of the matter is that I never claimed to have the answers. Sometimes I even find myself struggling to find the right questions. I accept many of the beliefs of the faith that I was baptized into without abandoning it wholesale and that seems to be a major problem with you guys. It's a no brainer the elders would not tolerate my lack of unquestioning loyalty so why do you keep repeating this sorry fact?

Also, what's all this criticism about my taking the "high road"? You seem to take personal offense at everything I say. When I take a stand on some moral issue, it's as if I climbed over a fence onto the grounds of an estate, and the sound of a distant backdoor slams, then packs of trained Dobermans barking furiously in the distance growing louder. With this sort of welcome wagon every time I set foot on Simon's estate, why is it that I get the distinct feeling you want me to go away?

Would it satisfy you if I shut up until such time that I accepted your specific beliefs? Now if the answer to that is in the affirmative, next question: if the so-called "apologists" on this forum (self included) were to hypothetically accept your worldviews exclusively from this point forward, then will you at least have the courtesy to equip myself, ScoobySnax and others with approved, regulation pom-poms and cheerleading outfits (which I suspect are a pair of cute tight shorts for the men, and for the ladies thigh hugging miniskirts so high they are advised to buy hair-removal cream) naturally in proper Farkel-approved team colours?

Thanks so much.

Derrick

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Rick... as always, peace to you!

Although you have not named me specifically, I am not sure if you included me in "et al.". Given our "history", I would not be at all surprised if you have. In the manner of Paul's exhortation Peter, I have to say, my dear brother, that your "vision"... absolutely amazes me. You have said to Danny, et al.:

You seem to think that it's inappropriate to express views on Jehovahs-Witness.com that don't support the specific partylines of two major camps: partyline Jehovah's Witnesses as represented by the Watchtower Society or Farkelline ex-Jehovah's Witnesses with strong Steinhaugist underpinnings

and...

You seem to take personal offense at everything I say. When I take a stand on some moral issue, it's as if I climbed over a fence onto the grounds of an estate, and the sound of a distant backdoor slams, then packs of trained Dobermans barking furiously in the distance growing louder. With this sort of welcome wagon every time I set foot on Simon's estate, why is it that I get the distinct feeling you want me to go away?

My dear brother (and I call you "brother" and will say "us" because I have not forgotten your claim of an anointing with holy spirit, and therefore, consider you a "fellow citizen" and co-member of the Body of Christ, even still)...

... have you truly forgotten your own conduct... or lack thereof... with regard to the very same treatment you bestowed... or permitted to be bestowed... upon your "fellow citizens" on H20? Indeed, our Lord admonished US... you and me, as well as all others... that "all things you want men to do to YOU... you must do to THEM." And that was an admonishment you apparently failed to "hear"... because what you are now decrying you yourself DID... and so, it seems that by your own actions... or inactions when you had "authority" to do otherwise... this is what YOU "wanted".

How then can you cry "foul"? Would that not be hypocrisy?

Please know that I personally bear you no illwill, and hope that you do NOT leave... but stay. For although not all here know how to conduct themselves in love... most do. Even those you now decry. They are just giving you a bit of your own "medicine," albeit perhaps not knowingly or intentionally.

In that light, I wish to suggest that you perhaps find a way "ride it out"... as, unlike H20, which touted itself as being "led by Christ," but... like the WTBTS "proved false" to the power of "godly devotion" it professed... at least Simon won't ban you simply for "express[ing] views on Jehovahs-Witness.com that don't support the specific partylines."

Live... and learn, my dear brother Rick. And the greatest of love and peace to you.

YOUR servant, and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

If you have to apolozie for a group of people, or their belief system, how much is it worth? I only read the thread you had on the blood issue and I must say that I cannot disagree with your outlook more. Are there individuals among Jehovah's Witnesses who are good and decent people? Absolutely. Has there been some good done by Jehovah's Witnesses? Absolutely. But please do not tell me they are the one true religon. Whatever truth there is about God, is not to be found in the pages of the Watchtower. I have no wish to argue with you, but if you want to take the stand that the Governing Body or Jehovah's Witnesses in general have the truth of the Bible, and of God, then you are not a reasonable or open minded person.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

Derrick, I don't know you from Joe Blow and frankly it doesn't matter to me if you're a JW, ex-JW, or someone considering being one of the above. I said what I said in your prestigious award thread because I thought it was nonsense that a group of screwy men that risk the lives of innocent people that buy into their bullshit should be honoured by an award as if they truly cared about life. I would've felt the same way no matter who posted the information. And then you get all defensive and rattle on about how "biased" all the posters are, how this trait is a sign of an inflated ego, how these BIAS people cannot think out of the box, how you and Scooby will pray for God to reclaim the lives of people on the internet that "glamorize spiritual death and are NO PART OF GOD'S KINGDOM."

Yes, you spouted off all this bias bullshit about how bias everybody is, except you of course. All I can say to you, is I'd rather think in a box than be incapable of thinking at all.

peace, dd

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Derrick,

FYI there are several "Dannys" 'round here....[ DannyBoy (ME)....DannyBear...DanTheMan..etc.]

I know you're not addressing me, 'cause we've never talked, and other "Dannys" are probably much more well known, but, well, I just thought I'd mention it.

---Dan

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Rick,

That was probably the wittiest post that I've ever seen you write. Now, don't anybody take this to mean that Farkel himself isn't still my most favorite apostate because nothing has changed there, but I am indeed ROFL My Little Fat Behind Off.

Friday

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I just can't figure out who to give my "Most insane yet wierdly articulate poster" award to; Rick, or Shelby.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Ooooh I got mentioned in someone elses post!, .... dedaisy, you don't even know me, so don't presume to judge my motives, you'll never get there in a million years. Derrick, high five brother! and to the rest, just to clear up any mis-understanding from the original post..... I have my own pair of lycra-tight shorts, but any are welcome to send me some pom-poms

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    dedaisy, you don't even know me, so don't presume to judge my motives, you'll never get there in a million years.

aahhh, where did I presume to judge your motives ? thanks for the advice though, I was just now making my plans on how to best manage my time so I could spend as much of it as possible, even years if necessary, trying to figure you out. you're too cute.

Edited by - deddaisy on 7 December 2002 21:38:58

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Tch. Tch. dedaisy...... all that nasty anger and bad language!, incidently you know, its not that hard to figure me out, to save you time you can just ask. I 'd hate to think you were fretting about how to best manage your time to figure me out, of course I'm sure however your ultimate judgement will turn out to be sound. More importantly, are you gonna send me those pom-poms or not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit