Typhoon condition 2

by seedy3 3 Replies latest jw friends

• seedy3
    seedy3

Ok I'm getting tired of this, in less then 24 hours it will be our third typhoon this year! Another 2-4 weeks no power, no cable TV, water pressure will be minimal.

Ok who's coming over for the Typhoon party??

• Gopher
    Gopher

Sorry to hear the big storms are hitting so hard this year!! Quite different than a Minnesota tornado, isn't it? The tornado will rip right through the area and be done with in a few minutes.

Oh well -- if I could join your typhoon party, I'd bring beer and chips!! Or maybe you need distilled water more.

Hang in there, buddy!

Edited by - Gopher on 6 December 2002 21:44:28

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Typhoons!

Get them all the time here in Japan. Especially during the late summer months. Awesome display of nature!! In fact, those are about the only reasons when they will cancel meetings at the Kingdom Hall. We usually have about 10 to 15 of them a year, with about 5 to 7 of them actually "hitting" us folks here on land. NO SCHOOL, WORK OR MEETINGS!! .

And the parties! Have them here too. Kinda' fun especially when the power goes out. We usually call it (as our Circuit Overseer used to suggest that all JW's should have), "No TV night".

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother "NOT Exerting Vigorously")

• Francois
    Francois

I would dearly love to hear a Japanese elder who doesn't have too much English "adjusting the thinking" of an American living in Japan. That would be the biggest of hoots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit