Let's examine this picture more carefully

by drahcir yarrum 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

This is a picture of a new Kingdom Hall from a post several months ago. I was looking at the entryway and noticed two chairs by the door and thought it was a strange place for two chairs. Are these chairs put there for the use of the "ancient prophets of old" if they should visit the KH? Are they for Rutherford and Knorr if they should come in? Or are they for dual disfellowshippings where the victims wait while the elders rubber stamp another excommunication?

What are your thoughts?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

LOL

nice.

ash

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

I think those particular 2 chairs are for 2 of my children who make incredible noise and wiggle way 2 much at meetings.......

This way the cong can have a peaceful nap...I mean lesson during the spiritual famine..

.I mean feast

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Not strange at all.

At my former Kingdom Hall in Chicago (which housed 3 English congregations), we had two chairs set up by the entryway as well.

Those chairs could be used by "door attendants" who "greet and seat" people as they file in for a meeting.

Depending on your Hall's electronics system, those could be seating for microphone handlers, as they could be used by mic carriers during a meeting so they could sit in the back in between paragraphs (we had some older MS in our congregation, all the young people were DF or gone).

Or it could be used by someone who is partially handicapped but not confined to a wheelchair, who struggles to make it to the Kingdom Hall but is provided convenient seating close by the entryway/exit so that they may see everyone as they come and go, and not contend with sitting in the cramped rows, etc.

All of the above were reasons we had 2 chairs by our entryway at the Kingdom Hall I attended when a Dub.

(Wow, I realized I did not bash the Dubs in this post, but answered a question that reminded me of memories while still a JW lol.)

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

If it's a cold weather climate it could also be too take off big winter boots to put on pointy heels.

Ven

• undercover
    undercover

Maybe it's for the black dot watchmen. o wait, thats just at conventions. or.... is it?

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Reborn2002: LOL, all good reasons for two chairs but I believe there MUST be a more sinister reason. I haven't set foot in a KH in almost 20 years so the two chairs seemed odd to me.

Ven: Good point as well. Since I never wore pointy high heels to meetings I wouldn't have thought of the shoe angle.

Edited by - drahcir yarrum on 6 December 2002 15:12:47

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

ahh well I'm from Alaska they have like big walk in coat closets for everyones coats and boots. They also now all reach for their keys during the service meeting and use the 'auto command' to start their cars, before they'd have to dash out during the meeting to get them going!!!!

Ven

• borgfree
    borgfree

I think the chairs are for the Son and The Holy Spirit, only The Father can be honored in the auditorium.

Like the statue "to an unknown god" in Athens.

Borgfree

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Undercover.....who are "The Black Dot Watchmen"?

I am new to learning "The Truth" about "The Truth"

agape,

Utopian Raindrops

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit