shunners in hospital

by ChrisVance 12 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

My uncle took care of my dad while he(my uncle, the paramedic) was df'd. My dad would'nt speak to him even until he died. Iloved my dad, but that is one thing I can't forgive him for, & what really sucks is I can't "face" him about it.

• Oreopandabear
    Oreopandabear

I can't figure my family out, when I try it drives me crazy! I try to make a really long story short. I was shunned by my family until my mother became very ill and needed an organ transplant. All of a sudden I was needed, so they stopped shunning me. After the transplant, mom's health improved so I was shunned again. No matter how hard I tried, she just would not talk to me.

Mom's health began to deteriorate after 2-3 years. A family member sent me a letter attacking me as a mother and daughter. It also stated that I had been disowned. (Can you disown someone you already shun?)

I took over for mom & moved her into a care facility as the doctor recommended. I oversee all medical decisions, and finances. The family of course is back to shunning me again. In a conversation with mom a few months ago, she said the only reason why she talks to me is because she needs me.

Oreo

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Big Tex, you made a good point! Blood doesn't make you family! I've got family, friends, neighbors that would be there for me at the drop of a hat. I've come to realize that alot of families, *non j.w. families* are torn apart for many different reasons at times, some reasons being drugs, disagreements and so on. Jehover Witnits are not the only people that face family conflicts, in fact, I don't think I know of one family that is completely free of some type of disfucntion that their dealing with. I've learned to take what I've got and be thankful for that!

Chris, was wondering if you're from the Tennessee area. I knew a Vance family years ago, was wondering if there was any relation between them and you. I might even know you! Noidea and Myself grew up together at the same hall. Does the name Bowman ring a bell?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit