Bizarre Dream

by els 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

When I was in Vegas last year my wife and I found a book on what dreams mean. (I can't remember the name. Hope I'm not developing dementia.)

I do remember we both looked up our recurring characters in dreams.

Mine was skulls. Every dream I ever had there was a skull/skeleton looking at me. And I was always searching for something in a blue hazy like sunset of colors. Not day or night but like dusk. And, everyone was dressed in a cloak. In the book it said that a skull was a searching for the meaning of life. Since I have begun to read spiritual books (NO Wt's) and focus on what I think and feel and not what the Jehovah's that were in my life want me to argue about the people in my dreams still have cloaks but they are no longer hooded. And no skulls. Sometimes in my dreams we are on a hillside and we are just talking. (Never can recall what) I can't remember the last dream I had that was bad.

My wife used to have horrid spider dreams. I mean waking up screaming and tearing at the sheets. I stopped sleeping in the bed if she had them because it would go on for nights. Spiders attacking you according to the book were character representations of your mother who you see as trying to control you and your life. (Which is right on. Her mother is a bitch of a demon if there ever was one.)

If I remember I think that a tiger character represents your past or something in it. But I am not sure so don't quote that one. I will try and find out what the heck the name of it was. It was really cool reference book to read.

• els
    els

Youngonce, That's really interesting, please let me know if you find the name of the book. I'd love to read it. els

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Tiger
    Dreaming of a tiger symbolizes repressed feelings or emotions that frighten you. The tiger represents female sexuality, aggression and seduction. If the tiger is in a cage, then it suggests that those repressed feelings are on the verge of surfacing. If you dream of being attacked by a tiger, you may find yourself distressed and tormented by rivals. If you dream of escaping or killing a tiger, you will be exceedingly successful in everything you do in life. It is a sign of your good health, energy and inner strength.

http://www.myjellybean.com/dream/paget.html

Tiger dream interpretation, symbol

To dream of a tiger advancing towards you, you will be tormented and
    persecuted by enemies. If it attacks you, failure will bury you in gloom.
    If you succeed in warding it off, or killing it, you will be extremely
    successful in all your undertakings.

To see one running away from you, is a sign that you will overcome opposition,
    and rise to high positions.

To see them in cages, foretells that you will foil your adversaries.

To see rugs of tiger skins, denotes that you are in the way to enjoy
    luxurious ease and pleasure.

http://www.spiritcommunity.com/dreams/dream-w.html

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

MrMoe-Your last post/Def of "tiger" <shrug of shoulders> works for me.

• els
    els

Mr. Moe, I guess I was on the mark in how I interpreted my tiger. Maybe controlling it was a good thing, although deciding to let it loose could be good too.
    I wonder if reading up on the meanings of things in your dreams could influence how you dream. If you know that a certain thing symbolizes a feeling or a part of your life, would your brain start to use symbolism more. I have read that if you have a recurring dream, that if you think about the outcome of that dream before you go to sleep, you can change it. And in changing the outcome of the dream you can change things in your life. Interesting idea anyway. els

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

The moral of this story - don't eat pepperoni pizza before bedtime.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Thanks for the info, moe. I'll keep it it mind if I ever have a dream about a tiger.

Sincerely,

Athanasius

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit