Question for Biology students/teachers/majors

by Crazy151drinker 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Is the Bioluminecense created by various types of squid/fish/algee/etc..etc... toxic to humans? I would like to put some in a drink but I dont want to kill anyone.

Any info would be great.

Thanks,

Crazy

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I suck at biology, I'm sorry.

Edited to add:

I searched in my encyclopedia, but it doesn't say if its toxic or not... sorry, I tried.

Edited by - Vivamus on 5 December 2002 17:3:6

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I know that the WT is against edumication but there has to be someone on this board who was/is a biology major. Ok, the whole evolution thing would have been looked down upon too. Is there any NON JW who knows this stuff?????

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Thanks Viv

I have found tons of info, but none of it concerns its toxicity(?). I emailed a professor at the University here. Hopefully she can help

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I used to smear lightning bugs on my face as a kid for "war paint"...but I didn't eat them...lol

• Scully
    Scully

A couple of ideas:

If you're dealing with aquatic creatures - plants/fish/squid/eels - call an aquarium supply store and see if the owner knows anything about the topic. Failing that, ask if they know someone who is knowledgable in the field of bioluminescence.

Call the local poison control line (not 911 please) and see if they have any information - maybe a kid has ingested some in the past and they would have records of any ill effects.

Love, Scully

• JeffT
    JeffT

I asked on another board I visist that has some people likely to know. I'll let you know what I hear.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Thans for the help folks, I appreciate it.

• Valis
    Valis

Perhaps this is what you are looking for crazy?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

The professor here didnt know. On to the next university.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit