Something about me

by ChileanRick 7 Replies latest jw friends

• ChileanRick
    ChileanRick

What can I say. I loved to be a part of the christian congregation. I always been a good JW (18 years) and Im still one. But, Internet has given me too much information on WTBTS, and now I can see it is a fraud. This doesnt mean I dont love Jehovah or Jesus, I love my brothers and sisters too, but, I cant say the same for the organization. When I talk to my friends, or some brother or sister I try to explain with soft words some of the things Ive learned. Imagine, I try to be the same as before acting like an actor, always smiling, saying yes to all (all this is to keep my family peace) but inside of myself I feel alone, angry, etc.

One thing is true, Jehovah hasnt changed, He is the same always, the Bible is his word so I believe in it. I love the people in the congregation not the organization. I like to hear what you say here, and I supposed to be here a long time. ChileanRick

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

What parts exactly, did you love? Most people, "good" JWs or exJWs, really minded doing some of the stuff you had to do. Going to 5 hours of meetings a week, studying, going door-to-door, much of that can be a real burden to some.

It's normal to feel alone and angry inside. You've been fooled, and that makes you angry. Who could blame you? Many of us here are extremely angry and bitter. People have lost much--family, educations, careers. And for what? To help an organization get rich.

As far as being alone, you need to make new friends. I actually created my own new "family" since I no longer have the one I was born with. Go back to school... cultivate friendships at work. Do some volunteering. Lots of ways to meet new folks.

Knowledge is power. Keep researching the organization. Have you visited Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com yet? It's a terrific web site. All it is are quotes from the Watchtower. Really.

And yes, it's hard to smile on the outside and be upset on the inside. That's one of the worst things... how you become a mask, never being able to truly say how you feel.

I'm glad you have seen the "real" light. May you now find freedom, and peace, and unconditional love.

Hugs, V

• shera
    shera

Hi and welcome to the board.

I understand your angry feeling towards the WTS.Even tho I always had my doubts about the them,I felt angry as well when I found out all the dirt.

I still care for many people inside the org and for God as well but I no longer believe God's Spirit is there.

That is true God doesnot change....but the org sure changes enough.

You take care and keep reading

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

"But, Internet has given me too much information on WTBTS, and now I can see it is a fraud"

Dear Chilean Rick:

Why would you want to be part of an organization that is fraudulent?

2 CORINTHIANS 6:17 " Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves, says Jehovah, and quit touching the unclean thing" " and I will take you in"

Christian Love,

AwakenedAndFree

Edited by - AwakenedAndFree on 5 December 2002 20:38:35

• Mulan
    Mulan

We felt the same as you when we first started learning the real truth. I understand very well how you are feeling.

Be very very careful what you say to people, even to your family.

• freedom96
    freedom96

It is sad that so many well meaning people are so mislead.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Chilean Rick,

Welcome! You mentioned being an "actor" while an active JW. Well, so am I. I'm still "associating" with the friends at the Kingdom Hall, though I'm planning the slow-fade. I understand you feelings as well. The things that I've learned about the Watchtower Society has been quite a revelation to me also.

I know that many JW's are good people. I really think so. They are sincerely trying to do what is right in God's eyes. But they are being misled by "human" thoughts and reasonings. My suggestion to you is to "sift" out what is from God and what isn't. From there you make your own determination based on your faith in God's Word. After that, whatever your decision is, it will only be between you and Jehovah.

Looking forward to your future posts.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother "NOT Exerting Vigorously")

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

inside of myself I feel alone, angry, etc.

That's only the beginning of the crisis of conscience you're going thru.....The sadest thing, I always felt angry after meetings and witnessing etc.

At least now I don't have to listen to clap trap...I make up my own...hehehehehe...but I don't go out preaching about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit