old riddle

by NewSense 14 Replies latest jw friends

• NewSense
    NewSense

Has anyone ever heard this riddle? It's been around a while, and it goes like this - A surgeon, named Mr. William Jennings, decided one day to take his six-year-old son for ride in the family car to buy some ice cream. Tragically Dr. Jennings' automobile was broad-sided by another car travelling at a very high rate of speed. As result, Mr. Jennings was killed on the spot; he was pronounced "dead on arrival" at the hospital. However, the little boy - thanks to his seatbelt and shoulder strap - survived the accident and was taken to the emergency operating room for life-saving surgery. As the little boy was being put on the operating table, the operating surgeon comes in, looks in shock at the little boy, and yells out: "I cannot operate on this child!! He is my son!" Explain how this could be.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Sounds like it was his mom who was the surgeon?

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

The doctor is his mother.

• NewSense
    NewSense

Brummie and RubyTuesday:

You hit the hammer right on the head. The doctor is his mother.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember that riddle from my childhood. I also remember an old "All in the Family" episode where Archie wrestled with that riddle throughout the whole show. It was hilarious, classic comedy that only the late Carroll O'Connor could have done.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

A man is standing in front of a painting of a man, and he tells us the following.

"Brothers and sisters I have none, but this man's father is my father's son".

Who's on the painting?

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

His nephew....

• Brummie
    Brummie
    "Brothers and sisters I have none, but this man's father is my father's son".

Hmmm sounds like its himself in the pic..infact who else can it be since he dont got any bros and sis...

Edited by - Brummie on 5 December 2002 13:23:51

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The Doctor couldn't be his mother silly !!!

Everyone knows that a woman can't be a doctor!

[ Runs for cover ] Kidding! I'm just kidding!

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Here is an oldie I like:

How far can you walk into a forest?

Richard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit