I'm new

by liquidsky 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Hello!

I've been visiting this site for about 6 months but haven't had the courage to post anything. Well here goes.....

I was born and raised a JW. Although I never really enjoyed anything about the religion, I trudged along because I was afraind of losing my family, and of course afraid of being destroyed in Armageddon. I was Babtized when I was 15 because of pressure from my family. During the next couple of years I pioneered, visited bethel etc.etc.

At 19 I married my best friend, who I was in love with all through highschool. We never hooked up untill after highschool because he was not a JW and I turned him down numorus times even though it made me completley miserable. I dated a couple of JW guys but was never really interested in them because well to be honest... they were complete Losers. My family was in shock when I told them I was marrying out of truth and they told me that it would never work out because Jehovah would not bless our marrige. They also refused to have anything to do with the wedding. Of course I had to go through the whole judicial commitee, but nothing became of that because they couldn't prove that I had commiteed any wrongdoing.

During the past 6 years, with the help of my husband, I have been able to do the slow fade. The first couple of years were the hardest. The fear and guilt I felt was overwhelming. I tried to go back to the meeting a couple of times but it just made me even more depressed. I was never shunned by anyone in family but they do keep thier distance.

Honestly I have no regrets about leaving the organization. In fact right now I could never be happier. I hope to get to know all of you and make some new freinds. =)

• Mac
    Mac

Liquidsky,

Welcome

mac

• Gopher
    Gopher

liquidsky,

Glad you posted, and welcome to the board!!

So your parents said your marriage will never work out? Let me tell you, it's probably doing A LOT better without their threefold cord, that is: a man, a woman, and the organization. The organization dominates families and marriages there, and it does not make things better.

The best thing you are doing is proving your family wrong by living a decent, happy life outside their organization. How it must frustrate them that they are wrong!! Good for you.

Hope to hear more from you, you writing is well-thought-out and fun to read.

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Welcome to the board! I married "in the truth" and what a mistake that was. Hang in there. My family keeps their distance, too, but it's their loss!

• Brummie
    Brummie

Welcome LiquidSky

Great to see you decided to post and join in the fun

Congrats on finding a none loser hubby ...lol

Brummie

• CBeMe
    CBeMe

Welcome LiquidSky!

CBeMe

• jack2
    jack2

Welcome liquidsky ....you and I have a couple of things in common:

Both baptized at age 15

Both married non-jws

I look forward to reading your posts.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Heaven forbid someone should find some happiness with a person they love.
    The WTS is all over that like dirt on a shirt, huh. Judicial committees an' all. Sick.

Welcome to the board liquidsky!
    Good for you, sticking to yer guns in spite of all those efforts at interference.
    I'm looking forward to seeing more of u around here!

SPAZ

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Welcome, LiquidSky.

Reading your story reminded me so much of my old best friend who is still a JW. All the same things, only the boy she fell in love with in High School CONVERTED!!! =( Big problem, because we all know why he did it... anyway, I wish he hadn't, I want her to leave the org. so bad... so she can see what life is, not what life isn't. Anyway, welcome to the board, great to hear about you. =-)

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi and welcome:

Nice to hear your story. Glad everything worked out for you and you have found happiness. Hope to hear more from you soon.

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit