Dude, JW's are getting crushed by the committie!

by thedepressedsoul 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

My new Chuck Norris hero.

• Dumplin
  • Dumplin
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Greatteacher: Really crazy that none of them seemed to have read the witness statements.

That may have been from their desire to show their adherence to Bible principles. After all, those witness statements would have been viewed as "dragging Jehovah's name through the mud" and therefore, apostate material. Like good little JWs that they must appear, they dutifully did not even read the words of that evil slave class. Those statements would have "demon smell" on them.

Monty Baker's lawyer brought this issue up at one point in the questioning. Of course, it was denied.

There was a well publicized murder trial years back, locally, that involved a prominent politican who had his ex-wife murdered. His testimony on the stand was solid: "Deny, deny, deny." I think that was used as the title of one of the books that was written about the case. I always think of Colin Thatcher when these JWs idiots are on the stand. "Deny, deny, deny."

It didn't do Thatcher any good and I don't think the JWs' tactics are going to help them either. Ignorance is not a defence for innocence. "I don't recall" means "I can't tell."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

thedepressedsoul - "Did they not prepare for this event?"

"True Believers" wouldn't see the need.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

So, should Hugh Jackman play Stewart in the movie?

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

thedepressedsoul - "Did they not prepare for this event?"

I favor the idea that, as part of preparation, they may have been told NOT to review a lot of the details in order to maintain some level of plausible deniability. "I can't remember", "I can't recall", "I'm not sure" sure sound more convincing when you haven't done your homework.

On the other hand, I do not put it past some of these people to be deluded enough to think the "angels" would give the words to say and they needed no preparation.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Vidiot, i would tend to choose Robert Downey but can he do the accent?

I wish it really could be a movie - are you writing the script? Put in there how great it is to see the intimidating elders turned into little indignant defensive hypocrites.

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit