SCAM MAIL! Another weird-ass email

by TR 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

As much as I hate to feed into anyone's paranoia about posting here, I also got the same email this morning to my JWD email address.

I've had this email for a little over a year and it gets twenty times as much spam as my other email addresses, which I've had for probably four years or so.

Then again, spammers and email address brokers scan many many discussion boards for legitimate email addresses, so it's not necessarily a disgruntled JW out to rain Jehovah's Righteous Spam upon the frenzied apostates of JWD.

Hmmm

• JeffT
    JeffT

It seems we are under attack (although a very pathetic attack). This one was in my computer when I got to work this morning, I got another like it last week. The scary thing is that it must work well enough (i e there are a sufficient number of fools out there) to be profitable.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I got this one too. I just had to laugh. He's promising me $2 million easy? LOL

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Here is a great site that explains the letters. It even gives some suggestions on how to respond: http://www.fraudaid.com/ScamSpeak/Nigerian/nigerian_scam_letters.htm

• Mulan
    Mulan

When you get one, reply to it, and add this email address in the CC line: [email protected] The sender will know they have been reported.

It is Cyber Criminals. They will reply to you, thanking you. They are wanting these, and try to track them quickly because they use yahoo, hotmail, and other freebies, and jump around all the time. I was sending them that way for weeks, getting two or three a week. Haven't gotten any for a month now.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I got that same email today too! Also got all the others offering millions.

Must be someone spamming off this board perhaps? Poor us though, Perhaps they think we need the money more than anyone else?

Brummie

• Princess
    Princess

I got it this morning too.

• TR
    TR

Good idea, Mulan. It is done.

TR

• jazbug
    jazbug

I had heard of these scams but had never received one until I started posting here. Now I get at least one a week, sometimes 3. I wonder whats up with that.

• TR
    TR

Jaz,

I think a secret agent from the Watchtower 'hovah and tract society is up to no damn good. No damn good at all.

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit