Do you still read the bible?

by JH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Downunderandout
    Downunderandout

No, I do not know if I believe in a god either, I think I am still in a stunned state after coming out of the borg, I shy away from anything religious at the moment. Still in a transition stage I think

DUO

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Yes and I also still read all the Society's literature.

What strikes me now is the shallowness of the literature. I appreciate that not everyone is going to be a theologian, but as I read the Bible especially the NT, I see lots of things that the Society does not appreciate, God's love, the need to be like Jesus in how we deal with people, etc., etc.

Whether you are a totally committed believer or not, there is no denying that what the gospels tell about Jesus is a worthy example to follow.

Eyeslice

• crownboy
    crownboy

Do you still read the bible?

Sure I do, but since I don't believe any of it is inspired by some supernatural deity, I read it as the man made book it is. I'm trying to get around to also reading the Apocrypha and the Gnostic text as well, as I find these text to be very interesting (I'd like to work in the Quaran into my reading list, as well). I plan on registering for a class entitled "Literature of the Bible" next term, so that ought to be interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit