Student talk

by ChrisVance 14 Replies latest jw friends

• PurpleV
    PurpleV
    repetition for emphasis

AAUUGGHHH

Us "older folk" remember when "W" was for "Weak," then they changed it to "Work On It."

Somewhat less humiliating. Not by much. A "W" is a "W" is a "W".

My MOTHER got a "W" once, for something. She'd been getting straight "G"s for so decades. She was depressed all night.

So Chris, how did your Spanish talk go??

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Yes, W's were depressing I always got W's on gestures. That reminds that school overseer Chinook, MT always said "guesstures" for gestures. Some of the adults tried to get him to say it right, but he never could get the pronunciation or is that "pronounciation" as many pronounced it. Then there was propitiatory. The correct pronunciation is 'pro-pe-shi-a-tory, but most said pro-pitch-a-tory. The correct way sounds so much better. However, my linguistics teacher says whatever most people say is "correct."

My talk in Spanish class went quite well, I thought, but "la profesora" said I read it, although I had notes, not a manuscript. I guess I looked at my notes too much. I have another talk to do in my Mexican Culture class on Friday. I'd better start on the preparation.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Just tell him it was a manuscript talk, and that it's OK with Jehovah so he needs to lighten up!

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    it's OK with Jehovah so he needs to lighten up!

I don't think this professor would ever lighten up. The sad thing is I'll probably have her for one of the classes I have to take for my masters degree.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I feel your pain...I hate profs like that...and I have had my share of them....bleh...solidarity my brother *raises her beer glass* you'll survive!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit