This is what Mama wants!

by jst2laws 2 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Reading responses to Casper reminded me of our recent meeting with the CO. He kept using the phrase “this is what Mama wants”. It seemed to be applied whenever anyone with common sense would have objected to what was being said or done. However it was not employed by the CO to excuse himself of responsibility but to give unquestionable authority to what he was saying. Another elder and I caught each other rolling our eyes.

This one really stinks because it is not even a direct WT teaching but seems to be a service department original, yet appears to be saying turn off your mind and your conscience and do what you are told. How could Ephesians 5:23 be so ignored: “Christ also is head of the congregation, he being a savior of [this] body”. Where does “Mama” fit in? Remember, this is coming from someone who still thinks, despite the harm and oppressive control, there is enough good to salvage something here.
    Jst2laws

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

What was the CO trying to get everyone to do?

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

bluesapphire
    Oh would I like to respond. But at this point I'm cowardly protecting myself. It was not violating any scriptural law but a matter of pushing policy to the point of completely ignoring the law of love. I have heard the phrase before in evaluating brothers for appointment as servants and nit-picking a person to pieces. Let me just say it was similar in this case. Whether it is congregation programs or judicial matters the phrase as employed as a blanket of loyalty. Sorry for lack of details
    jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit