What Did You NOT.......

by Utopian_Raindrops 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Omg, Matty, that is terrible to hear about the , no dancing even at restaurants. That is over the top. Just another reason I am so glad to be out of the controlling cult. Next they will say the women can't wear makeup or wear earrings. Then no pants , only skirts, no heels, only flats. The brothers will be restricted even more, blackmailed more or less into doing more "works" to keep the postions they hound them to acheive. I know in my old congregation , if you were a brother,and not an MS servant , they considered you weak and assumed something was wrong with you not to reach out for being one.

I feel true pity for the young ones in the congregation, this is sucking the life out of them . Now there will be some who will dance at a wedding and go home with a guilty conscience for questionable conduct........makes my heart break for them.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I remember that they kept repeating over and over at the district conventions about not fantasising...how it was bad, and basically the same as actually doing the sexual act. Well, damn...I should have gone ahead and done it then.

I never gave that up. Other than that, I gave up pretty much everything. Making up for it in a big way now!

• minimus
    minimus

Matty, I never heard that one! Do you know if this was a new policy or was it perhaps an experience that shows the danger of how someone could get into trouble? I ALWAYS went into places like that. As a matter of fact, I've taken A CO and his wife to one of those places a couple of times.They were pretty good dancers, too.

• Matty
    Matty

The reason I concluded that it was in the outline as opposed to being just one brother's opinion was that I went to two Circuit Conventions in two different areas last year and the exact same points were made. I presume from what you say that you didn't hear of this? Maybe it was just an England thing.

• minimus
    minimus

I haven't been to a circuit or district assembly in over a year. So it could be something new, but no one has talked about it around here, that I know of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit