Let's get offensive...it's ridiculous

by The Rebel 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

You understand that a network choosing not to run a TV show is not the same thing as banning the show right? No body is saying that videos of Dukes and Hazard cannot be aired, sold, or that you have to burn all your personal videos.

If a network doesn't want to air a show on their network that is THEIR decision. I don't cry foul just because the latest iteration of Stargate doesn't get picked up or because no one shows Star Trek Voyager reruns anymore. These are businesses being conscientious of what people WANT to watch. It's not a statement about what people can and cannot watch.

The only thing worse than the PC police are the "my rights are being oppressed because some people say happy holidays instead of merry christmas" people. Freedom of speech is not freedom of criticism. Nor is it freedom from contrary views.

-end of rant

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Yes you make a good point, and nothing coded about your logic.

I guess it's the same way Walmart does what maximises profits. But I don't agree with them and their stance on the confederate flag and that don't make me racist.

The Rebel ( no south connection chosen with the name)

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Anyway coded my point was the network decided not to run the show, because it promoted the confederate flag. Walmart won't sell lynyrd Skynyrd music which displays the confederate flag. Of course business makes decisions to maximise profits, but all this stuff about the confederate flag has to do with what happened in Alabama.

The Rebel.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

So coded the point is not as you said " businesses being concientious of what people want to watch. It's not a statement about what people can or can not watch"

The decision to pull the programme was based on " what people can or can not watch" as the decision to pull the show was based on people's attitude to the confederate flag.

off topic on another discussion forum " Frank Price" the former president of universal, commentated that in the 1970s they discovered that it was the woman not the man who made the decision what programme was watched on T.V. I only raised the point because I love the old T.V western shows and wondered why all the forums on the shows have mainly women members. Yes the old T.V westerns such as Gunsmoke, and Rawhide, were targeted to appeal to women first. ( I just found that interesting)

The Rebel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit